Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if you think a Kreissieg Exhaust System would be made for S5. There is one currently out for the R8...so im thinking why not. The S5 would sound like an animal!!:D

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Those exhausts sound silly to me. I can't figure out why people like that pitch coming out of their vehicle......
Almost sounds like a ricey Honda Civic, but that's just me I guess.....

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have to agree with sizzle on this one, too high pitched for me. i'm more of a fan of a the deeper rumbling sound then that painful high pitched rice rocket crying baby on an airplane while the airplane is taking off sounding exhaust:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yeah ok; its got that make you turn your head and look sound but to drive the S5 with that sound coming from the car everyday would drive you bonkers. I bet you would end up removing it and within a week or so and try to flog it in the classifieds.
Not my cup of chaaa

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I don't think they have eisenmann for the a5/sf yet...
It is available for the A5. Otherwise, I wouldn't have stated that. :rolleyes:

See this thread for details. Also, see this link for an example of a site where you can purchase one.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You can easily make your S5 sound like that...

...Just drain all the oil out and rev the engine.

...They sound awful... It kinda goes with the lambo and ferrari, but the M5 sounds stupid and the Aston just plain wrong... I think the S5 with this exhaust note would be like the Aston, with people flagging you down to tell you that you have a bottom-end failure and you should fill up with oil quickly!

...and no jokes about "Bottom-end failure after a good curry" please Ess5ive!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Kreissieg doesn't sound like anything special, just sounds like a straight-through exhaust system with no resonators, like the full AWE setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b311ym5K2Y

Anything else you are hearing is a result of the actual motor characteristics. Putting a Kreissieg on your S5 won't make it sound like an exotic V10, V12, etc.

-Ray

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Not throaty enough like a real V8 should sound-a little to ricey for my taste.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts