Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ess5ive and I visited Sanspeed in Bexleyheath, Kent (UK) today for what turned out to be a very interesting day.

Sanspeed have been in the market of tuning cars for 40 years and are the UK distributers for Koch Tuning from Germany who happen to be in direct contact with Bosch (suppliers of ECU units to Audi). I had originally contacted them regarding data on their remaps, as they where unable to provide detail they very nicely offered me the opportunity of a sample map with before and after dyno results (see attached graph).

3 runs were completed each time around and the best of each is shown on the graph as follows...

Pink: Standard/Original Setup
As expected running stock the the HP was well down on Audi's published figures of 349 max'ing out at 330. However I was surprised that the torque was spot on Audi's published figures of 324 lb-ft.

Red: Version 4 Remap
This was the first remap tested and as you can see HP reached 352, just over Audi's published 354, and the Torque increased to 342 lb-ft.

Green: Version 5 Remap
This remap was a step up on version 4 but obviously too much for my baby as results were going backward with it max'ing out at 340HP and Torque not quite making the 339 lb-ft.

Conclusion:

I suspect these figures will surprise many of you but this is real world not Audi's labs. As for on the road, all I can say is ... WOOOOW ... the engine is ALIVE ! It now literally throws you back in your seat and the power just keeps on coming, something I've never experienced before ... I can't stop :D:D:D:D
Ian thank god I didn't rush into changing anything on my exhaust, it's sounds spot now :D

To be honest I'm finding it hard to explain in words, I'm sure Ess5ive will give it a go (he has a way with word ya know :rolleyes:). Personally I think you'd need to experience it for yourselves so for all Uk'ers if you catch me at a meet just ask!

I'd like to thank all at Sanspeed especially Graham and his father who taught us a hell of a lot, still not sure if I understand it all! Graham will be joining the forum and I am sure will be happy to answer questions or book you in;)

Oops, almost forgot Graham asked me to mention that their TDi remaps are available, not indevelopment, but available!

Will be adding further pictures of the day along with video's of the dyno testing as soon as I get time to edit them. Right off to watch the footy!

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Looks and Sounds very Good Spinner :)

I'm suprised they have the re-map for tdi and they haven't let anybody know on the best A5 site on the globe !!!!! (they need a new marketing manager LOL)

Are they anywhere near APS or do they fit Springs.... as i am a tad lazy and like One Stop Shopping :D

Can't wait to hear the results !!!!

Cheers.. deano

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Sounds good Spinner, I've given up with ABT they clearly dont want to sell me anything. Rung that niche concept people earlier in the week they sent me this which is quite appealing as I can remove the device as and when I please.

Thank you for your remap enquiry Robert.

I have contacted Pogea Racing and we can offer a remap for your Audi
A5 1.8T FSI

This system is a bit special as it fits under the bonnet and can be
removed easily to restore factory performance, it has its own in-built
processor to communicate with the management system.

It will work on any 1.8T FSI A5, and the remap software is written by
Pogea Racing and added to the hardware.

These units take around 2 to 3 weeks to be delivered.

STAGE 1:
The performance increases are as follows:

- Pogea Racing advise around 30bhp + increase over standard
- Pogea Racing advise around 60Nm + increase over standard
The only thing is they want £750 for this device and I've not been able to find any feedback on Pogea Racing, and the guy on phone was being very pushy and going on about how awesome this thing was. I know this is a new car and all but £750 seems a bit steep to me, last time I remapped a car it cost me £200/250 albeit for a golf.

Sorry for going off topic a bit.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not bad mate. I'm close to you and also Bexleyheath so I might check mine out when I get it.
Hi Highrise, seen you around on the forums, and always wondered where about is Sussex are you mate? Once you've got yours if you're interested in a ride I'm in Crawley.

So how much did this set u back?
Hi SAJ, as stated I was lucky enough to get a sample map (i.e. FOC) in assistance to helping them get the results out in the market. I'm sure Graham will be happy to post prices once he's on the forum.

Are they anywhere near APS or do they fit Springs.... as i am a tad lazy and like One Stop Shopping :D
Good idea DBS I'm sure they'd be able to fit the springs for you. Suggest you contact them and ask for Graham, tell him your buying the springs off me and that should help.

Contact details for Sanspeed:
http://www.sanspeed.net
Tel: 0208 301 4676

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Spinner, sorry I couldn't join you today. Bloody work!!!

What about Ess? Did he get his on the dyno to test/compare the output?

Did you guys get to test Ess's racelogic box too?

PS... a slight correction. I believe the Audi figures are 354PS, which is about 349BHP.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Spinner, sorry I couldn't join you today. Bloody work!!!

What about Ess? Did he get his on the dyno to test/compare the output?

Did you guys get to test Ess's racelogic box too?

PS... a slight correction. I believe the Audi figures are 354PS, which is about 349BHP.
Oops well spotted mate, it was me that added those figures on the graph as well doh! I'll correct on the original post.

Yes really pity you didnt make it mate, you missed a great day and would have been in your element with these guys. They really do know their stuff ;)

You've hit a sore spot for Ess, didn't quite work out and ran out of time to get onto the racelogic box so we'll have to arrange a meet for the 3 of us in the near future.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Spinner, I can't see a fan in the dyno picture. It looks like another tool chest in front of the car. Surely I'm mistaken?

A Dyno requires a LARGE fan to provide appropriate engine cooling, as it would get whe in motion. Serious damage can happen to the car without this.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
But seriously....

There was a big f*ck-off fan directly in front of the car (I've got some other pics which I'll post - but they're on my home PC), another one to one side and yes, we did actually also open the side door to get more air movement. Things did warm up considerably during the day but from memory, Matt best results were recorded at an inlet temp of approx 25-30 degrees

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's correct Ess, my car's best result came at probably it's hottest running time during the whole day. I think there is a bit more to come from it still :D

I'll definatley be going back to Sanspeed in a couple for weeks for another run and possibly any tweaks Graham suggests to the throttle response.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Koch Tuning from Germany who happen to be in direct contact with Bosch :rolleyes:

It makes me laugh... :D

I know Helmut Koch more than 10 years...

S5 chiptuning is no problem at all, but 3.0TDI chiptuning it is problem.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Koch Tuning from Germany who happen to be in direct contact with Bosch :rolleyes:
Was the info given to us on the day. :confused: Not sure what your comment means, please explain.

S5 chiptuning is no problem at all, but 3.0TDI chiptuning it is problem.
And Sanspeed can do both, so your point is?

Don't really understand the nature of your post to be honest?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Special prices for the forum.

Spoke to Graham @ Sanspeed today, special prices by him for the forum as follows....

TDi's
£499 for remap
£599 for remap with before & after dyno

S5
£399 for remap
£499 for remap with before & after dyno

·
Registered
821 Posts
Spoke to Graham @ Sanspeed today, special prices by him for the forum as follows....

TDi's
£499 for remap
£599 for remap with before & after dyno

S5
£399 for remap
£499 for remap with before & after dyno
That seems a good deal that!! shame us tdi's are paying the extra for the v8 guys ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
.................Good idea DBS I'm sure they'd be able to fit the springs for you. Suggest you contact them and ask for Graham, tell him your buying the springs off me and that should help.

Contact details for Sanspeed:
http://www.sanspeed.net
Tel: 0208 301 4676

THANKS Spinner :D

Your a diamond........

1 - 20 of 42 Posts