Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for taking their cars to knockhill?

I've only checked the website, but for £1500.00 we can book the track out for a couple of hours in the evening.

So if 10 people came forward it would cost us £150 each, the more that come the cheaper it would get.

· Registered
1,636 Posts
me me me me me please uncle Saj pick me

imagine that Jen reaching for the sky with my hand like a 5 year old :p ;)

· Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Na, I wouldnt risk taking my car on (not that I don't trust you lot :p ), but the insurance doesn't cover track days and if Audi knew i'd taken their car on the track they wouldn't be too happy (the car's leased).

Star performance and dreadnaught garage run track nights at knockhill a few nights throughout the year, would be an idea to join them if you were interested? Dreadnaught invited me to them when I had the TVR.

... there's the problem though... you'll be on track with some TVRs, so you'll get your ass whipped :D (Until they break down).

Rab.

· Registered
1,636 Posts
Rab you could be the cheer leader with a wee skirt?? just a suggestion.... but i would prob crash checkin ott your legs :rolleyes: so prob not such a good idea but one good idea is you come for the meet perhaps?

· Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Rab you could be the cheer leader with a wee skirt?? just a suggestion.... but i would prob crash checkin ott your legs :rolleyes: so prob not such a good idea but one good idea is you come for the meet perhaps?

lol, yea, mibbie :p

Even if there is track day insurance, which I doubt would cover me due to my age, I still dont think i'd be up for putting the A5 on it.

Just the running of the car costs a bit much IMO anyway. A good fast evening at knockhill would be sure to see the brakes taking a good skelp, and not to mention the tyres. Knockhill's full of right turns which wont be good on the tyres, especially as my n/s/f tyre has the least tread :p

If you guys decide to go, i'll come up and watch.

· Registered
1,636 Posts
who hoo Rab in a skirt thats made my day looking forward to that one ;)

i would prob not take my a5 but prob bring up the tt :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.