Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for the basicness of this question: do all A5s with the Start/Stop Button have keyless entry?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Apologies for the basicness of this question: do all A5s with the Start/Stop Button have keyless entry?
Apologies for the simple answer... NO they don't! Only with Advanced Key.. A great option having lived with it for 3 months. :D WHOOPS WRONG ANSWER see below!! Advanced Key = Keyless Go and Keyless entry!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes, they do. If the car has the start/stop button then it also has keyless entry.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Yes, they do. If the car has the start/stop button then it also has keyless entry.
Sorry should have read it properly! If you have stop start you have keyless go. The 2 are part of ADvanced Key option.. Teach me to read so quick!! Cheers Jock the Cock!!;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for that, then not only can I not disable the keyless boot opening, the keyless entry doesn't work on the newly acquired approved-used A5.

I've tried inserting the keys into the dashboard to sync the keys with the cars, but no luck.

This will be a challenge for the dealer to figure out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
keys / syncing

I am not convinced that inserting the key into the slot is actually needed to do this - there are no contacts in there and so it is just the same as having the key inside the car rather than outside. Apart from the fact that it does seem a bit daft having two means of starting raher than one and so I am open to being corrected by the more experienced.
It might be that your key does need to be re-configured at the dealers if it has lost its way completely.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keyless locking?

The door handle(s) was replaced and the keyless entry now works. However, I still need to press the button on the key to lock the car - is this correct?

The dealer tells me that keyless locking is an option which my A5 doesn't have.

I'm away for 4 weeks now and unable to test any answers you might have.

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
On my car are small sensors located on the door handles. Brushing your finger over them locks the car. I would assume yours should be the same if it has the advanced key option.
You mentioned that you have had your door handles replaced but I think this will probably only be the sensors that have been changed as this is a fault I had and got both sensors replaced.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've tried, in the privacy of my garage, to brush the sensors on both doors.

I've caressed, stroked and brushed to no avail.

As I posted before, the Audi garage says that the car has keyless entry, keyless start/stop, but not keyless locking. I'm hoping that other A5 drivers will be more informed and can shed some light on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I've tried, in the privacy of my garage, to brush the sensors on both doors.

I've caressed, stroked and brushed to no avail.

As I posted before, the Audi garage says that the car has keyless entry, keyless start/stop, but not keyless locking. I'm hoping that other A5 drivers will be more informed and can shed some light on this.

Thanks
Never heard of such a thing on the A5/S5 (i.e., no keyless locking capability if you have the "Advanced Key" feature). :confused:

If you have "keyless entry", then you should be able to lock the car simply by pressing the button/sensor on the door handle. I found, though, that sometimes when it's cold outside (or I'm cold), it can take a few firm presses on the handle button before the car will lock.

Note: Make sure you're not simultaneously sticking your hand through the handle when you're touching the handle button to lock it, as the car can get confused and doesn't know if you're trying to unlock or lock the doors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your patience. When I'm home, in four weeks, I'll try caressing the sensor while being mindful not to let my fingers stray into the door handle recess.

BTW, the handle on each door has a sensor and no button.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
BTW, the handle on each door has a sensor and no button.
So your handle doesn't look like the handle in the attached photo? If you don't have the button (shown circled), then that would explain why you can't lock the car by touching the handle.

It is quite odd that you would have keyless entry, but no ability to lock in the same manner. I wasn't aware Audi offered the option that way. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My handle looks exactly like that, other than the colour. I mentioned that my sensor isn't a button to mean that it doesn't move. Also, there are no other buttons hidden from view.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
OK good, I think we're on the same page now. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, once I've learnt the correct stroking technique, I should be able to lock the car keylessly (despite the Audi mechanic who replaced the handle/sensor saying that I'd have to use the button on the key to lock the car)?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes, that is correct. As for technique, simply touch the sensor with your index finger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Once again, thanks for that - just a pity that I won't be able to put this into practise for a while.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You either have keyless everything or nothing. The dealer is wrong.

There sometimes can be a need for a couple of swipes of the hand when its wet but mostly you just basically wave in front of the sensor. You dont need to actually touch it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There sometimes can be a need for a couple of swipes of the hand when its wet but mostly you just basically wave in front of the sensor. You dont need to actually touch it.
FYI, I've never been able to lock mine (either the A5 or the S5) by simply waving my hand in front of the sensor. It has always required me to actually touch it. You must have an EXTREMELY sensitive sensor or something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all that. I'll practise my Harry Potter waving technique for when I'm back.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.