Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Sportback Quattro and I have keyless start on my car. I was under the impression that I should also have keyless entry. Is that a separate option? My door handles have the little squares on them too. If I do have it it's not working. But I am thinking it may have been an option that wasn't selected when the car was built.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018 Sportback Quattro and I have keyless start on my car. I was under the impression that I should also have keyless entry. Is that a separate option? My door handles have the little squares on them too. If I do have it it's not working. But I am thinking it may have been an option that wasn't selected when the car was built.
Yes unfortunately Keyless Entry is a separate option to the keyless start on the UK cars.

There is a build sheet in the spare wheel well which has PR codes which give you what options came on your car

You can use this search to tell you what the PRcodes mean PlanetVAG.com - VW & Audi PR Code Search

Yes it is a separate option

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes unfortunately Keyless Entry is a separate option to the keyless start on the UK cars.

There is a build sheet in the spare wheel well which has PR codes which give you what options came on your car

You can use this search to tell you what the PRcodes mean PlanetVAG.com - VW & Audi PR Code Search

Yes it is a separate option
Thanks RD that answers my question. I think I had read info from a US forum that said if you have keyless go then you have the entry. It's no Biggie anyway.

Thanks for the info on the PR code that is handy to know.

· Registered
6 Posts
Thanks RD that answers my question. I think I had read info from a US forum that said if you have keyless go then you have the entry. It's no Biggie anyway.

Thanks for the info on the PR code that is handy to know.
The US cars have features bundled into packages so you have A5 Premium with a couple of petrol engine options with set features, Premium Plus all premium features + Premium plus features and Prestige which gets all the features of the Premium Plus + its own features.
UK annoyingly is more ala carte.
I really don’t understand it moving from the US… why I have to pay extra for a storage package with rear seat pockets, rear cup holder and drivers storage drawer I really don’t know..
Sorry one of my pet peeves..

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The US cars have features bundled into packages so you have A5 Premium with a couple of petrol engine options with set features, Premium Plus all premium features + Premium plus features and Prestige which gets all the features of the Premium Plus + its own features.
UK annoyingly is more ala carte.
I really don’t understand it moving from the US… why I have to pay extra for a storage package with rear seat pockets, rear cup holder and drivers storage drawer I really don’t know..
Sorry one of my pet peeves..
Yeah its a bit frustrating. I think its always been the way for VAG cars in the UK where everything was an optional extra. I bought mine 2nd hand it has almost all the spec I wanted. Keyless entry is not a massive one for me. But I would have liked the upgraded B&O audio. I spent ages looking for the right car so had to make some compromises.

· Registered
2015 A5 3.0Tdi black s line spec edition NOW 2021 45Tfsi Edition 1 sound pack
392 Posts
What version do you have ?
Have you checked that the option for keyless entry is not turned off in the MMI menu ? does the car lock by touching the squares on the handles ?
Maybe possible to activate the function with vag com ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts