Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is just a rant really... but can't tell you all how pissed off I am that my car has been keyed for the third times in as many months...

Do people really have nothing better to do than deface other people's property?!?!

GRRRRRRR.

:mad:

·
Registered
80 Posts
damn....

you been stepping on someone's toes ? ...

Happened to me once years ago, keyed and tyre slashed.... out side a kebab shop... must have only been in there 10mins .... made me feel sick

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that man........were you taking up more than one parking space? Those are the only people who get keyed in the US

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah, it actually doesn't seem to happen much around here. Then again, it's rare that I park in an unsavory spot. My car is garaged at home, parked in the secure boundaries of an Air Force base all day, and I don't go downtown much. I suppose I should be concerned when I leave the car at the far end of the Wal-Mart parking lot, but never had anything bad happen yet. *knock on wood*

·
Registered
714 Posts
I hate this sort of mindless thuggery.

It's one of the main reasons for me taking a company car rather than using the cash alternative to buy my own. I don't need to worry about vandalism, punctures, VED, servicing etc - it's all covered by my fixed monthly payments.

When I got my current car, some git put the window through when it was a week old. I was really mad that they'd done this (particularly as the car was sat on my driveway at home at the time) but it cost me nothing to get it fixed. Doesn't mean it's OK for this sort of thing to happen but it minimises the impact/worry when you don't get hit with the financial burden.

I also worry far less about where I park the car - I park it legally and considerately and then don't really need to worry about damage/loss which I used to fret about all the time when I had my own car.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Could be worse...

(but yea, sorry to hear about that bro, but whoever did this will get what's coming to them)

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Could be worse...

(but yea, sorry to hear about that bro, but whoever did this will get what's coming to them)
the first one is just morbid, and should be tried as a hate crime/attempted murder

Car vandalism happens a lot in Canada, because there aren't as many nice cars around. Happened to me 2 times, plus one time where my side mirror got punched (there were still blood stains on it :eek:).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, I really don't get what goes on in some idiots minds when they do this, it really winds me up!

I'm also in Berkshire (Wokingham way), can I ask where the car was at the time?

·
Registered
10 Posts
sorry to hear about someone doing that to your car, but i can truly say that ad brake somebody legs if i to catch them doing that to my car or anybody elses because someone keyed my new a4 at the time and at that moment i felt i cuold have done something silly

·
Registered
483 Posts
sorry to hear about someone doing that to your car, but i can truly say that ad brake somebody legs if i to catch them doing that to my car or anybody elses because someone keyed my new a4 at the time and at that moment i felt i cuold have done something silly
+10000 ... just hate ppl that have no respect for others' - either public or private - properties... my passenger windows was smashed a couple times b/c the thiefs wanted to take about $30 worth of adapter and CDs from my car.... i'd seriously knock the bastard out with a baseball bat if i catch him/her in the act....just indefensible what they did....

·
Registered
141 Posts
!!!

+10000 ... just hate ppl that have no respect for others' - either public or private - properties... my passenger windows was smashed a couple times b/c the thiefs wanted to take about $30 worth of adapter and CDs from my car.... i'd seriously knock the bastard out with a baseball bat if i catch him/her in the act....just indefensible what they did....
I would totally do the same thing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK, this is just a rant really... but can't tell you all how pissed off I am that my car has been keyed for the third times in as many months...

Do people really have nothing better to do than deface other people's property?!?!

GRRRRRRR.

:mad:
Sorry to hear that. I'd feel so sick.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I had similair experience, but surely it hurt less.
Somebody put a chocolate on my passengers door, through the entire door, people are really jelaous.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Really eel for you buddy. Hate that kind of mindless damage just because you have a nice care doesn't mean hurts you less because of the money element.

3 times seems to be alot more than coincidence! You might have someone with vendetta against you?

I've been done few times in past with keys and had numerous tyres slashed but each time very sure was jealous ex of the girl I was dating.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car was in Swindon (yeah, I should have known better)...

Just some drunken prats on their way out / home on a Friday night... they did four cars along the side of the street. Mine was just in the middle...

One of the previous times was up in Gloucester in a bowling centre car park.

Got a £650 quote for a respray... but will wait until I know I won't be visiting Swindon again for a while...!

GRRRR.

·
Registered
47 Posts
sorry to hear that, mindless idiots.

i had had my A5 for 2 weeks when someone had dragged their car down the side of mine whilst i was at the gym.

after 2 weeks!!!! was truly gutted and worry wherever i leave it now being the sociable person i am:rolleyes: the price you have to pay for having a nice car it seems:( wouldn't be so bad if i was rich enough to afford paint jobs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts