Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in the manual that the keyfob is supposed to be able to lower the windows and open the sunroof (which almost all cars now do), I was completely surprised my new A5 won't.
I also saw that it will close them too.

Anyone have any info on that or has anyone gotten the dealer to program it or something to enable it?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
It's a VAG-COM fix. U.S. cars are not coded to do this. If I recall correctly, this is another result of the same manual being used in all countries, but not really applying in all countries!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You have to activate this feature through you MMI interface. Not sure exactly what menu it is under though.....in a hotel without my car this week so can't go out to check it for you.

Sorry off topic - The Hilton hotel isn't all that, why is it they have such a good brand name for a hotel?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You have to activate this feature through you MMI interface. Not sure exactly what menu it is under though.....in a hotel without my car this week so can't go out to check it for you.

Sorry off topic - The Hilton hotel isn't all that, why is it they have such a good brand name for a hotel?
Not for US cars. He will have to get it turned on via VAG coding....

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's an easy fix with VAG-COM. And in the manual where it's mentioned, is there an asterisk beside that section? In the manual, every possible feature offered in 08 cars is described, but ones that aren't standard everywhere have an asterisk next to the section heading. (meaning, "were applicable")

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to set the convenience open for the driver's door only through VAG-COM? I've got the convenience open set to on and do use it occasionally (when some inconsiderate b'stard parks too close) but it's usually just me getting in, and if it's raining it's not so good to have the passenger window open as well. I believe BMW have just the driver's door as an option in their convenience open, and would imagine this might be something that can be set via VAG-COM.

·
Registered
441 Posts
U.S. Spec A5/S5

So, I had my convenience windows activated at the local Audi House thanks to the Wizard (AKA-aerodave) code he sent me in a PM. The code that he sent me worked like a champ, but it only worked for the windows at the time, until.... I discovered threw the MMI I had a new selection added in the car info option! I'm not sure if you guys in the U.S. already knew about this via Vag-Com, or if it was something the German software did! I was so stoked about it, I nearly drove off the road!:eek:

Electronic device Technology Multimedia Display device Vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Technology Electronic device Car Vehicle Audi Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ooo. nice...I would check on mine...b/c I had the VAG COM fix done for the convenience feature...but I had my car serviced yesterday and they reflashed the ECU!!!

So, all of my mods are toast...interesting though, the new flash included the voice control for the phone, which previously had to be enabled via VAG COM.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Once you made the VAG COM code changes, the "Sunroof" option is available in the MMI Convenience Open menu like Sapper said. Also, you can close the windows and sunroof my touching and holding the lock button on your car handle as well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had a sunroof convenience open option in my MMI fromt he day I got the car, even before it was coded for the keyfob activation. The difference was it only worked when you used the mechanical key convenience open feature...which is a pain in the ass on these cars with the hidden mechanical key, and therefore pointless.

Anyway, are the resto f you all sure the option wasn't in your MMIs before? And am I sure it was?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Anyway, are the resto f you all sure the option wasn't in your MMIs before? And am I sure it was?
I checked this afternoon and I didn't find that sunroof convenience option listed on my MMI. And I've never coded my car for the keyfob activation (only the DRL/blinker mods).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nope! Before I did that code you sent me, in the car info menu: it went from vehicle VIN to windshield wipers! After your coding, the windows selection appeared! I Promise:)

·
Registered
69 Posts

Nope! Before I did that code you sent me, in the car info menu: it went from vehicle VIN to windshield wipers! After your coding, the windows selection appeared! I Promise:)
Same here, I did not have this option until I recoded with VAGCOM

1 - 20 of 27 Posts