Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't know where I put my dynos, but once I track the copies down I will post them up. BMC was the winner in this head-to-head comparison, all done on the same dyno, on the same day, within an hour of each other.

BMC won by a whopping 1.3hp, for all you conscientious performance whores. Bear in mind, there is a possibility that BMC may have won only because it's been "more" used (Hypothetically meaning higher permeability) than the new 1-day old K&N filter I tested with.

Anyhoo, I thought I would share for shits and giggles.

I do not know the respective gains for adding just either aftermarket filter to your car, as I tested with GMG downpipes + Milltek non-res exhaust mods on the car, not stock.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any clue of an exact number for how much gain you get with these filters. I have a K&N on my s5 w/ stasis exhaust, just curious, thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
i cant find bmc for s5?

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Bmc

i cant find bmc for s5?
BMC Air Filter 533/08 AUDI A5 3.2 FSI just became available and you can get it on ebay for about 120 euro =144$never mind the model # it works for a 4.2 S5

·
Registered
66 Posts
We did testing on the BMC vs. Stock vs. K&N on a MB CLK63 Black Series that was modified and we also found zero gain with the K&N and roughly a 1hp gain with the BMC at the rear wheels.

Although a 1 rwhp gain realisticly is moot, any gain that can be measured benefits the engine and makes it's life easier. Anytime you can reduce a pumping loss the benefits are worth while whether it's HP, Intake Temp, Oil Temp, EGT or MPG it's all good reason.

If the engine runs just efficient enough that it doesn't need to retard ignition timing, or doesn't need to retard it as much as before the gains are useful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts