Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard 2 A5s drive-by yesterday 1 was the S5 the other's a 3.0TDIi can tell by the exhaust pointing down. and bad news for ya, there's so much sound dampening at the front it really sounds horrible when standing still, all you hear from the front is click click click click of the alternator, the TDI sounds like a TDI. but when the S5 pulls away you'd be forgiven to think it was the old 1.8T. to those of you when have a post 2003 audi you'd already know about the alternator clicking like mad. thought i'd let you know.

oh and they were both wearing dunlop SP 9090s with reinforced sidewalls btw, thats bad news too, for those of you who havent tried these tyres, they are dreadful everything about these tyres are bad, you wont believe how bad they really are until you try them. they should go to jail for making and selling them, those tyres are BAD, if you happen to get those with your car, let the garage know how angry you are by smashing the R8 next to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was recently in london and i had the chance to see both the s5 and r8, all i have to say is the s5 that you saw must have actually of been a 1.8t, the s5 that they had sounded much like the b7 s4, a bit more aggressive though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heard from the front, no it was a S5 maybe, saying it sounded like a 1.8T is really exaggerated, i apologise, but it was really really hushy when not moving, all i heard was the clicks from the alternator! the back sounded ok when it went tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts