Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got the call my my salesperson and ran down to pick it up. So far car is exceding my expectations. Now I just need to figure everything out.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congratulations! I'm sure you're super excited! :D :D :D Glad to hear the car has exceeded your expectations so far.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few quick things. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed and i'm sorry if I am bringing it up again.

1: Can you enter points of interests into the nav? or only addresses?
2: My Voice command button says inactive is this something that isn't on US bound cars>?
3. I have sirius radio in the car. Do you know how many months we receive free?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same color combo.. love it!

In answer to your questions:
1. You can select SPECIAL DESTINATION rather than an address.. that's the POIs
2. Voice command is disabled on the US Spec S5s. You can enable the telephone portion of it with a VAG-COM (see http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/threads/1532.phtml#15745 for instructions.. you will need a a laptop, a HEX cable, and the VAG sofware (from ROSS-TECH). NOTE: This does not enable the voice control of any other components. That would require a hardware module that we don't get.
3. They shut mine off 30 days after is was reported that the car was sold.. so.. 1 month.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
206 Posts
3. They shut mine off 30 days after is was reported that the car was sold.. so.. 1 month.

ENJOY!

I called the phone number that popped up, becuase a month seemed too short, I tought we got 3 months. Turns out...We DO! The month is for the dealerships test drive's and like you said, once it's reported sold, it goes off...but...audi set us up with a free 3month trial, all you have to do is call and they will give it to you free. Took 3 minutes.

(i'm gonna turn this issue into it's own thread in the General forum so everyone knows)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ibis White/Tuscan

I have the same color combination and I love it. There are only about 7 cars that have been delivered in Minnesota, so it gets a lot of looks. I hope you enjoy the car as much as I have!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very interesting observation today...Voice Activation Issue

I have the same color combo.. love it!

In answer to your questions:
1. You can select SPECIAL DESTINATION rather than an address.. that's the POIs
2. Voice command is disabled on the US Spec S5s. You can enable the telephone portion of it with a VAG-COM (see http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/threads/1532.phtml#15745 for instructions.. you will need a a laptop, a HEX cable, and the VAG sofware (from ROSS-TECH). NOTE: This does not enable the voice control of any other components. That would require a hardware module that we don't get.

ENJOY!
I received my new VAG-COM cable yesterday and quickly set the four or five fixes discussed in the various VAG-COM posts throughout our forum. One of the changes I made, specific to the voice activation, was strange and resulted in unexpected results.

I hadn't used these voice activation features much previously but definately recalled the voice button on my steering wheel working. I made the change outlined below but upon restarting my car, the voice activation feature was deactivated and the voice button on my steering wheel stated 'button inactive'.

Per the forum link quoted above, the default value "0010900" shown below needs to be set to "0010970" for the voice activation to work. I did this and then my problems started immediately.

I tried a few different things including going into the CAN Bus settings to ensure my steering wheel option was selected properly but nothing I would change would enable the voice activation feature again.

I change the setting back to "0010900" and restarted the car a couple of times and...bingo...it was there again. I read on a different thread regarding 2009 models already have this feature turned on by default but from what I see and just experienced, mine will only work when I leave this setting off.

It was a little bit of a scare...especially since I had just returned from my 5k service appointment with the fear of having to drive back over and play dumb. BTW - My car has 4,870 miles and is running great. There were no software updates required and my other VAG-COM fixes stayed in place.

I've now used my new DRL blinkers for 24-hours now...they rock. It's hard to get into the habit again.

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts regarding what happened to me above.

Geoff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.