Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum as I've used a lot of the information here to help me decide what to go for. Finally went for:

2.7tdi
Quartz Grey
Sports seats
Sat Nav
Bluetooth
18" V Alloys
Interior light pack
Cruise

Likely delivery is either Jan 2009 or September 2008, depending on who you listen to!

My previous car was an Mazda RX-8 and its a pretty difficult act to follow!

Looking forward to some UK meetings?

John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just joined the forum as I've used a lot of the information here to help me decide what to go for. Finally went for:

2.7tdi
Quartz Grey
Sports seats
Sat Nav
Bluetooth
18" V Alloys
Interior light pack
Cruise

Likely delivery is either Jan 2009 or September 2008, depending on who you listen to!

My previous car was an Mazda RX-8 and its a pretty difficult act to follow!

Looking forward to some UK meetings?

John
Nice choice of motor....but why such a long delivery time though???

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome Hutch

Thats what i was wondering Ian, thats crazy, could you not find a canceled order or ex demo? by that JAN09 date the 2.0TFSI and TDI will be out or at least announced. Think the 2.0TFSI will be quattro aswell.

As Ian has said good decision :) personally i really dont like the look of the RX-8.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm hoping that the date will be September some time, that's the 'official' line at the moment - I have a temporary lease car until the end of August. All the cars at Dealers are seriously overpriced, it was actually a lot cheaper to buy new and get the exact spec so I'm prepared to wait rather than be ripped off!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats, Hutch. Hopefully your car will arrive sooner (i.e., Sept.) rather than later!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
it was actually a lot cheaper to buy new and get the exact spec so I'm prepared to wait rather than be ripped off!
Really, that suprises me. well at least you have exactly what you want now :)

Hope the wait isnt as long as it you've said, being quite a high spec i would have thought audi would pick it out for build sooner rather than later.

Out of interest what did you get for a lease?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.