Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today ordered my S5 tiptronic today from Aberdeen Audi. I was over the moon when he told me the car would arrive in August for 1st September delivery.
Then the bombshell, phoned me tonight to tell me that as I have ordered the 20" RS 7 arm twin spokes there will be a delay of 2 months , now looking at the end of October. News only came out from Audi , if I had ordered the car last week I would have been okay..........gutted. Has anyone else heard this ? He did show me the press release from Audi so it appears genuine

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
aberdeen audi are a good place, which sales guy are you dealing with? if you want anything confirmed speak to Tony i would trust him with my life great guy.....

from a fellow aberdeen person who purchased her a5 there

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm dealing with Adam, bought my Q7 from him, no problems also. They bid me £5000 more than Dundee Audi for my Q7 trade in !!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can you not amend your order and source the rims seperately..? I too originally had a Sept delivery date but they called to say it'd be here June... they've moved S5 prod forward and Diesel back... !! Obvious downside is cost and you'd have a spare set of rims but at least you'd have your motor....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just confirmed by Audi that I won't get my car now until mid to late November , too late as I give them my Q7 at the end of this month . All due to the 20" wheels , can't believe a set of wheels would cause a 3 month delay , thinking of changing the order but contacted Audi UK to see if they can do anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd stick with the standard 19" wheels. I am finding the standard of the roads especially in scotland is shocking. I hit a pot hole the other week in my A6 and ruined a good tyre with sidewall damage and that was on 18" wheels. My brother also hit a loose cats eye on the A9 in his BMW which smashed the rim off his rear alloy wheel at 60 mph. We all like the look of bigger wheels and lower profile tyres but you far more likely to end up with damaged wheels. A little more rubber just gives a bit more protection

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what to do Bry . I had the S5 demo out 4 weeks ago which had the 20"s on it and I didn't think it was too bad. I need to make a decision though. The dealership have guaranteed me a car for 1st Sept if I drop the wheels but late Nov if I don't. Audi Uk were a waste of time.

When is your car due ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ve been told end of july early august delivery, but i will probably wait until sept 1st. I order it 2 weeks ago and its scheduled for a mid july build.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think the 19's look better anyway. ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
19 = Y, 20 = N

Not sure what to do Bry . I had the S5 demo out 4 weeks ago which had the 20"s on it and I didn't think it was too bad. I need to make a decision though. The dealership have guaranteed me a car for 1st Sept if I drop the wheels but late Nov if I don't. Audi Uk were a waste of time.

When is your car due ?
Hi Stitcher -

What a sad testament to Audi that a wheel change would delay the delivery of a car by 2 1/2 months!

Here in the US, many of us have lost a lot of faith in Audi.... with BMW right there to pick up the pieces and better service clients seeking new cars.

Anyway, the 19" wheels excellent and on-point with others that have spoken before, the 20" will be more trouble than they are worth.

Also, don't forget you can "over" wheel and tire a vehicle which affects performance (take-off more so than handling and cornering).

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Stitcher -

What a sad testament to Audi that a wheel change would delay the delivery of a car by 2 1/2 months!

Here in the US, many of us have lost a lot of faith in Audi.... with BMW right there to pick up the pieces and better service clients seeking new cars.

Anyway, the 19" wheels excellent and on-point with others that have spoken before, the 20" will be more trouble than they are worth.

Also, don't forget you can "over" wheel and tire a vehicle which affects performance (take-off more so than handling and cornering).

Good luck with your decision.

You are right , the whole A5 / S5 roll out has been a bit of a shambles, had BMW had a product that could have competed with the S5 on the looks department they could have taken advantage .

3 months delay for a wheel change is really sad. I think I will drop the wheels ! Every day I read posts on here I wish I had my car !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts