Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've just signed the papers with the leasing company - and alas, my current lease (Saab 9-3) isn't due back until the start of July, so a long wait to come...

But I'm so excited!!!!!

Got a pretty good deal on the lease (3 years), and will be taking delivery of a 3.0 Tdi, in Quartz Grey, with cruise control, heated front seats, interior light pack, DAB radio, auto-dimming mirror/rain sensors, and folding door mirrors. Selected and then rejected the 19" Y -alloys, partly on the grounds of cost (a thumping 34 quid per month) but also because, aesthetically, I rather like the standard 17"s. Options are mainly driver aids/comforts - partly to convince my other half that I can be trusted with that magnificent engine!

Anyway, I've been reading the board for a while, and have even posted occasionally - looking forward to doing so more, now that the journey has begun.

Bit more background on the choice - I started casting about in July of last year, drove BMWs (5 series, 3 series coupe), Mercs (new C320), Alfas (159, Brera) - but nothing really, really grabbed me. A couple of guys I work with have A4 Avants, and I'd kind of got an image of Audi as a little bit staid in general, especially design/styling wise. But, I had a drift round the dealer and, having not seen any press/marketing of the A5, had an epiphany! Saw it, loved it. Drove it a week later, loved it even more. And since then, there's only been one option - and now at last it's on the way.

And thanks in part to this forum, and the wonderful feedback from members, I just know its not going to disappoint me at all!

Cheers all!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the welcome House

How about that for the miracle of the internet- first response from thousands of miles away! Hope the weather in Tampa is better than here in England tonight...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.