Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've just signed the papers with the leasing company - and alas, my current lease (Saab 9-3) isn't due back until the start of July, so a long wait to come...

But I'm so excited!!!!!

Got a pretty good deal on the lease (3 years), and will be taking delivery of a 3.0 Tdi, in Quartz Grey, with cruise control, heated front seats, interior light pack, DAB radio, auto-dimming mirror/rain sensors, and folding door mirrors. Selected and then rejected the 19" Y -alloys, partly on the grounds of cost (a thumping 34 quid per month) but also because, aesthetically, I rather like the standard 17"s. Options are mainly driver aids/comforts - partly to convince my other half that I can be trusted with that magnificent engine!

Anyway, I've been reading the board for a while, and have even posted occasionally - looking forward to doing so more, now that the journey has begun.

Bit more background on the choice - I started casting about in July of last year, drove BMWs (5 series, 3 series coupe), Mercs (new C320), Alfas (159, Brera) - but nothing really, really grabbed me. A couple of guys I work with have A4 Avants, and I'd kind of got an image of Audi as a little bit staid in general, especially design/styling wise. But, I had a drift round the dealer and, having not seen any press/marketing of the A5, had an epiphany! Saw it, loved it. Drove it a week later, loved it even more. And since then, there's only been one option - and now at last it's on the way.

And thanks in part to this forum, and the wonderful feedback from members, I just know its not going to disappoint me at all!

Cheers all!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Congrats, Bifta! Nice to see a Brit getting his A5 after me! :p
Just kidding...but, yes, the wait is difficult, trust me!
You surely will not be disappointed given everyone's tak on the 3.0Tdi here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the welcome House

How about that for the miracle of the internet- first response from thousands of miles away! Hope the weather in Tampa is better than here in England tonight...

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
In fact, it's been freakishly England-like over the past few days and it's supposed to be dropping into some cold weather this weekend. Sun hasn't been out since Tuesday or so (I truly don't recall the last time that happened, but it had to be several months ago). But we are in a drought and need all the rain we can get.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Welcome Bifta! This forum has kept me sane during my 5 month wait for my S5, so I hope it helps you too. Welcome and I know you won't be dissapointed. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome Bifta...

I too am waiting for my A5 3.0tdi... you have chosen wisely my friend!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.