Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am from Istanbul / Turkey, and I am going to be a proud owner of an Audi A5 in 3 months. I have a 2006 VW Passat and a 2006 Audi A3 right now. Audi A5 will be replacing the A3.

As some of you know, we have very harsh taxes in Turkey. The A5 with options listed below come to €71,119.40. The 3.2 FSI engined A5 without any options is €90,069. The leds and bi-xenon headlight are standard in Turkey, but leather seats are options. Aluminum trim, hill assist and some other bits are also standard.

Ibis White
S-Line Sport Package (lower suspension, sline seats, piano black, ...)
-Half leather/half fabric Sline seats (photo)
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Colored drive computer
Audi Music Interface (Ipod, mp3 player, vs)
Folding side mirrors & heated wipers
Sport steering wheel with multi-function buttons & triptronic shifters

I really wanted to get a nav since it looks awesome in the center console, but it bumps the price another € 5,000. The car will come with 17'' wheels, so I will be changing them to 19'' after 10,000 kms. I really want the S-Line bodykit as well :)

I am also the owner of TurboFSI.net, Turkish Audi Owners Club. We have about 750 members; although a small number, we do have our monthly meetings.

EDIT: no it's not quattro :(

·
Registered
643 Posts
WOW @ taxes...

So wait, you can order AMI without NAV? I was not aware of that. And how long is your wait?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Welcome, fever! Sounds like you'll be sitting around waiting with us American A5ers for awhile. This group helps the time go by a bit faster... I think ;)
Maybe I should try an alternative method and forget that I ordered it!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome, fever! Sounds like you'll be sitting around waiting with us American A5ers for awhile. This group helps the time go by a bit faster... I think ;)
Maybe I should try an alternative method and forget that I ordered it!
Ordered what? :confused:

Howdy Fever ! :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hi Fever, welcome to the forum, home you enjoy as much as the rest of us do.

Just wanted to say wow @ the taxes, that is killer, but atleast your getting a nice motor.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hmm, Aiden....maybe you have already ordered an S5 and you just took my advice some time ago!
I have NO idea what you are talking about :p

Fever, I know what you are talking about regarding taxed - base for an S5 here is € 86k - so you are shafted even more than us in Ireland !! :eek:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Fever,

Welcome to the forum - I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your choice.

Interesting that the xenons are standard in Turkey on the 1.8T as they're not in the UK - a £775 option! Guess if you've got the xenons you'll also get the LED daytime running lights, which really set the car apart on the road.:cool:

BTW, whereabouts in Turkey are you? My sister and her family lived in Ankara for 5 years and I visited a few years back - loved the country, although the taxi drivers were mad! Watch out for your lovely A5 when you get it!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Is anyone else as concerned by the AMI w/out Nav option as I am??
Yep - seems odd.

Fever - do tell, is this a Turkey-only option as the rest of us seem to have to order the DVD Satnav+ to get AMI (at £2000 in the UK, so presumably far more expensive for you, given your taxes:eek: :eek: )

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I have to wait till the end of March :eek:

My dealer told me that the A5 comes with a basic MMI system. This way I can have the Ipod interface with the car. He told me that without the navigation, the navigation buttons (the ones around the shifter) are located on the center console. I wanted them so badly (navigation is not active in Turkey, I liked their look), but they come at a price of 5,000 Euros.

On the dealer options list, the AMI system did not have any prerequisites. I think he would have warned if it caused any problem. He made me get the half leather seats with the Sline sport package saying that I can't have sline sport package without leather seats.

@scratch113: I live in Istanbul. Of course I know about the taxi drivers; I live each day making different plans to kill all of them at once!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I have to wait till the end of March :eek:

My dealer told me that the A5 comes with a basic MMI system. This way I can have the Ipod interface with the car. He told me that without the navigation, the navigation buttons (the ones around the shifter) are located on the center console. I wanted them so badly (navigation is not active in Turkey, I liked their look), but they come at a price of 5,000 Euros.

On the dealer options list, the AMI system did not have any prerequisites. I think he would have warned if it caused any problem. He made me get the half leather seats with the Sline sport package saying that I can't have sline sport package without leather seats.

@scratch113: I live in Istanbul. Of course I know about the taxi drivers; I live each day making different plans to kill all of them at once!
Fever -

You might want to go back to your dealer and get him to check this. Yes, there is a Basic MMI on all A5s (with a smaller screen than the Satnav system), and the controller is on the dash below the single CD slot on these cars, whereas the controller moves to behind the gear shift for the Satnav system.

However, here in the UK (and in the US, I believe) you can't have AMI without the Satnav (sadly). That said, on a car of this value, Satnav is a good option come resale time (although you'll never get your money back!)

Not so great for you if Satnav doesn't cover Turkey though!

Never got to Istanbul - in my top 10 places to visit before I die, but the wife's been there before, so guess it will have to wait.

Bet you'll have fun keeping Ibis white clean on Turkish roads...!:eek:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great to know i am not the only 1.8T owner on the block. :) Now we're two :;) The speed cameras are so many in htis country it ain't funny. so what's the point of a S5 and models above when you cannot use all the power... :(

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
so what's the point of a S5 and models above when you cannot use all the power... :(
It's nice to know you have the power if you ever want to use it :)

It's also not just about the power, the S5 handles differently from the A5. Its designed to be that little bit sharper and more responsive. And not forgetting that V8 growl :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, regardless, it is a bit more expensive to to know you have it. My economy is not at the same level as all of you guys and gals on this board, unfortunately. So does that mean I ordered a worthless car...????

·
Registered
643 Posts
Who said that? The A5 is a gorgeous car regardless of the engine. Plus, you have near-endless tuning possibilities...

·
Registered
126 Posts
The A5 is a beautiful car. I actually chose the A5 over the S5 and it was not for financial reasons. The idea of spending 18l of fuel per 100km (average) when driving in town (which represents most of my car trips) was just too much for me. The S5 is a nice car, of course, but it's not "best", it's just a different philosophy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So how much tuning can I get out of it? It would be nice to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well, regardless, it is a bit more expensive to to know you have it. My economy is not at the same level as all of you guys and gals on this board, unfortunately. So does that mean I ordered a worthless car...????
No way did you order a worthless car. The A5 is an excellent car. Yes the S5 is expensive to run and that why it won't be for everyone.

In my opinion its down to your mentality, i'm young, have no commitments nor any major responsibilities so the costs of buy and running the S5 don't bother me. It is going to be a killer on fuel but for some reason when I put your foot down (from my experience of the RS4) and the car just screams into action I get an amazing buzz that money just can't buy - well it can if you by an S5 or anything with a V8.

I also want to point out just for future reference to those that read this forum, I by no means (hopefully speaking for the other S5 drivers on the forum too) look down on A5's as a sub-standard car just because I have an S5 on the way. If my financial situation didn't allow it I would have gone for the TDI or 1.8T but this isn't to say those who ordered a TDI did it because of money, at the end of the day its each to there own and whatever makes you happy.

It just so happens that the only car out of the A5 range that makes me happy is the S5.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts