Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 A5 2.0T Quattro 7 speed S-tronic Prestige
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just picked up a beautiful 2018 A5 sportback prestige. SCUBA Blue, perfect cause we're divers. With black interior. It has 25000 on it and runs great. We would like to add a little more power without going crazy. I was looking at the Racechip RS. Anyone have any experience with it? What else should we be looking into. Our goal is a good daily driver that can still be fun in the hills and on the track.... kinda like stock but faster.
It has the 2.0t with the 7speed. I've read you need a DSG tuner also. Is that true or would that be more for heavier tunes?

Looling forward to learning about this wonderful machine. Thanks in advance ☺

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
974 Posts
Hello,

welcome to the forums!
Is it a S-tronic or Multitronic gear box?

In my experience, a custom engine remap has always been better performance than a race chip.

And likewise usually a gearbox tune for bigger numbers, as over a certain torque figures the ECU regulates power delivery etc etc...

Anyways, my 2 pence on remap side!
Picture of the car would be lovely 😁

~Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is the S-Tronic. I realize the advantages of flashing the ECU but I'm not looking to go nuts with it and I like the ability to completely remove in a few minutes if need be. As far as pics, here you go. Just got the windows tinted yesterday really took it to the next level.
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With all due respect. Please keep this to plug-n-play, mainly about the Racechip RS and whether or not and at what point a DSG Tune is needed.

Our goal is to be in the 310hp range and hopefully sub 5 sec 0 to 60

I looked at the GTS Black but I would rather put the extra money into better air flow. Which would probably lead to better gains than the GTS and sound better to.

BUT.... for now just a chip with stock exhaust and intake with a high flow filter. Suggestions on a good high flow filter would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
974 Posts
I see where you’re coming from with the remap and chipping part 😁

I love the scuba blue, really has a deep colour!
And I also have the driver assistance pack, it’s actually useful for long journeys or traffic hotspots👍🏻

Either way, race chips or tuning box, the S-tronic should be good without an upgrade unless you’re looking for different shifting points in the rpm range.

~Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.