Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pretty happy with it so far, very compliant ride, but still can feel the road. Steering feels a bit weird with a tighter suspension though still getting used to it.

If only the wheel company didn't screw up cutting my rims. :mad:

Thanks for the thread necrosis. :p

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
dear god what have you done to the exhaust!!!! eeek, dont think you could go much lower than that. Sorry but this is one way to ruin an S5. Each to their own though

·
Registered
247 Posts
+1
sorry, I dont like it either :(

·
Registered
750 Posts
It is a bit dramatic exhaust choice. How low did you set it? It looks very, very low.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I like the pipes, but the stance is pretty low and looks lower in the back than the front.

Is this your track stance or your daily driver stance? Do you plan on running spacers or aftermarket wheels????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it, looks like u need some spacers in the back and to lower the front, reverse rake looks horrible.
The wheels are being replaced and I still need to reset the height after settling. Technically I could go lower on both the front and back almost an inch according to the adjustments on the coilovers.

Again to each his own, I can ruin the car in your eyes all I want. I'll just no longer participate on the forums :)

I ruin cars on a regular basis here's one I did before the S5

Technically I ruined that car too with a built motor with Pauter rods, CP Racing 8.5:1 pistons, and twin turbo kit running 16.7psi boost.

Anyways I'm out of here. Good luck on your owners club!

Nick

·
Registered
314 Posts
The exhaust is hideous.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks to me like the driver's side is lower than the passenger side. Maybe this is a function of sitting on an uneven surface.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Good observation. I would say that's likely what's going on here.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Anyways I'm out of here. Good luck on your owners club!

Nick
Don't run off man, just let the criticism roll off your back. I want to see the finished product with the adjusted ride height and wheels.

Plus, i'm from Sacramento (North Highlands) too and I wanted to check it out next time i'm down visiting my folks...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The exhausts are hideous. However, just because we dont like them doesnt mean you have to throw your toys out the pram and decide not to post any more. Surely the reason you posted was to get opinion.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
What's a pram??

·
Registered
750 Posts
Don't run off man, just let the criticism roll off your back. I want to see the finished product with the adjusted ride height and wheels...
Definitely...you know what they say about opinions... I was thinking that it was going to be used in racing with the low stance. What wheels were you going with?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I'll throw my toys around all I want. In fact I'll even roll around kicking and screaming. Its my S5 and I can cry if I want to.. cry if I want to.

Seriously though, its an internet forum and I understand the whole criticism thing. On my end I can choose to not participate in the deal.

I'm going to go buy some 22" dayton wire wheels, and install a gold frame with my last name in my rear window. Oh can't forget the curb feelers!

Oh and for ccompton getting these in 20 some day if the figure out how to send me wheels with the right bolt pattern.

Happy modding!

my inspiration

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice wheels. (I think the three-wire curb feelers for shizzle...)...and the link was fun-ee (my inspiration)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm going to go buy some 22" dayton wire wheels, and install a gold frame with my last name in my rear window. Oh can't forget the curb feelers!
Loved watching that inspirational video. Made me laugh!!! :D

I think what you'll really need in order to finish off the car with your 22" rims is one of those badges that goes on the fender letting everyone know you're sitting on 22's. You should just replace your V8 badge with one of these. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Great to see a car on the coilovers... I'm looking to upgrade my lowering springs for coilovers at some point, to improve the ride/handling further.

...Regarding the rake it's funny how something so 'small' can dramatically change the look of the car... I've got -1" all round and the rear looks lower than the front... If I did it again, I'd put -1.3" on the front and -1" on the rear to correct this and keep the original lines... when I get the coilovers... I can do this anyhow!

...Not convinced the exhaust is my favourite, but to keep with the song theme... "Keep on moddin' " ..."Keep on Ridin' "

:)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Just out of interest....

what IS the exhaust? Is it a system or some bolt-on finishers? Without wishing to offend, I hope it's the latter as that will mean it's a lot easier to remedy what is a bit (in my humble opinion) of a styling faux pax. Sometime less is more....

The pipes just look entirely disproportionate to the rest of the car, is all. Ride height and stance can be fixed with a bit of adjustment and the new wheels.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts