Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friends!

I have been talking with a contact I that I have in sales at DPE and I have negotiated a pretty good deal with them for the S-Series (three-piece) and the R-Series (two-piece) wheels.

I told him that a bunch of people would be interested so he would give us the deal; he is willing to give us the "Sponsor Price" for any S-series or R-series wheels.

The purchase would need to go directly through DPE (so no money to me - drats!). Here is the cost break down:

S Series
  • 20x10 all around with more aggressive offset in the rear (for a wider lip)
  • 5x112 Bolt Pattern
  • Silver w/polished lips
MSRP: $5576

The price he is willing to offer for the S-Series:
$3884

R Series
  • 20x10 all around with more aggressive offset in the rear (for a wider lip)
  • 5x112 Bolt Pattern
  • Silver w/polished lips
MSRP: $4544

The price he is willing to offer for the R-Series:
$3184

DPE does not give out their offsets, sorry.

So far there is no limit to the number of people who can do the DPE deal and he also didn't offer the LS-Series. If you are interested in the DPE group buy deal, PM me and I will setup the contact for you with DPE. You will need to go through DPE directly not me, but you'll have to use my contact to get the deal.

DPE's payment setup is a 50% deposit of the total amount to start production on the wheels. The remaining balance will be due upon completion and when they are ready to ship out. Standard build time on the set is 4-6 weeks.

Don't forget to look at the IForged Deal too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, this also applies to our friends in Europe and other areas of the globe (just keep shipping in-mind...but you'd have to pay it anyway).

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thanks for doing that. Price is very good, a set of S-10 20x10 here in the UK are £3400 for a set this deal would work out at just under £2000 at current exchange rates, the only issue though is how much duty is going to be added on? Delivery will most likely be around £300 - £400 too so for us I think the savings would be minimal - can anyone else clarify?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will ask him to see what they normally do. It definitely won't hurt to ask if he will do it. I will also ask about shipping rates to the UK too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Saj, robb:

Just talked to my guy (he is checking on shipping costs), they can't mark it as a gift because it can't be insured properly and customs generally only lets a few shipments go through with that approach. However, they have an equally good approach that I will PM to you guys so as not to publish it to the world. ;) it should keep the duty cost at zero or low. Let me know what you guys think.

I'll update with shipping costs as soon as he calls me.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
UPDATE: He just sent me quote for shipping to Norwich, b/c that's th only one I knew (from Robb's location) the shipping cost is $340 US or about £174.

Also I told him that I would have anyone interested just email him directly, and he said that is fine but I have to PM his address to you b/c he doesn't want just anyone trying to get the deal.

WOW! I have only had one taker!! I thought everyone would jump on this deal. I am going to go for the deal, probably the SL-5's...but I'm not sure yet. I think he will also do the GT/LS series too.

Send me a PM and I will pass his contact info to you.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, he will do 19" wheels too. Send me a PM if you are interested.

C.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The LS wheels are heavy and ugly. Just stick to the S and R series.......:D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
He-he...I know (wink-wink). I like the S-series anyway (and I have a really sweet IForged deal that I am going to post tomorrow :D ).

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to post the Iforged deal in a new thread, it is pretty good too. (I say go for it Ian...:D )

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright, 2 takers so far on the deal. Dont forget to PM me for the DPE contact info.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Folks,

I noticed a troubling thing today...I got a PM from someone with zero posts for the other wheel deal (IForged)...:confused:

I don't want to come across the wrong way, but it is a bit like a person posting a for sale item for their very first post. I set up the group buy for the members of the forum (especially those who regularly contribute), not lurkers. I will be a little hesitant to pass the buy deal contact info to anyone who has never posted or contributed. I made a special arrangement (that came with conditions) to be able to setup the deal for the members; so please keep that in mind.

That being said, this is a deal for the members and we have already had 2 takers for this deal!!

Best, and thanks for your understanding.
C.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Folks,

I noticed a troubling thing today...I got a PM from someone with zero posts for the other wheel deal (IForged)...:confused:

I don't want to come across the wrong way, but it is a bit like a person posting a for sale item for their very first post. I set up the group buy for the members of the forum (especially those who regularly contribute), not lurkers. I will be a little hesitant to pass the buy deal contact info to anyone who has never posted or contributed. I made a special arrangement (that came with conditions) to be able to setup the deal for the members; so please keep that in mind.

That being said, this is a deal for the members and we have already had 2 takers for this deal!!

Best, and thanks for your understanding.
C.
Yeh agree with you on that one.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Folks!

We have only had a tiny handful (not even a handful yet) of takers on this deal. There is still time though!! Send me a quick PM and I will be glad to hook you up !!

Enjoy!!
C.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cheers for sorting this out Clint.

The only problem now is deciding which wheels to get!

What is the principle difference between the types of wheel - S / GT/RS / R?

The original post says 2-piece / 3-piece but is there any difference in alloy / weight?

I've spent far too long looking at pics of Sizzle's LS5s (and they look awesome!), but has anyone got some pics of A5/S5s with some of the other DPE wheels?

Have a good weekend!

Cheers,

T

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.