Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Audi 2018 S5, 2007 3.2 TT, 2010 A5
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received parts from Aliexpress and got both the flappy paddles and start/stop buttons fitted to the steering wheel, the start stop works fine but i need to upload a file via ODIS-E to get the dynamic button working (apparently) so that will take a bit longer, ive already programmed my * button to do this so not in a rush. the new paddles are a much better quality, not clunky like the originals. overall really pleased with the outcome

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have some questions!
I saw these buttons sets online and was interested. Does the start/stop button need to wire into the original stop start button?
My car doesn’t have drive select, but I have enabled it via Carista (no hardware buttons) would this work on mine?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there do seem to be a few variants online, these are the ones i went for:
ive used the guy a few times and he's really helpful (these came with no instructions)
they are basically a remote control taking power from the steering wheel electrics to the buttons, sending a signal to a receiver you have to put near to the start stop, it has 2 wires that you connect to the button.
I'm still working on the drive select as this is supposed to be an update programmed via ODIS-E so im still not sure on that one, i suppose if you have enabled it it should work once you do the re-code but im a bit sceptical (even for mine) about it at the moment

·
Registered
183 Posts
Please keep us updated!
And that’s an interesting approach for the start button. Does the steering wheel even get power when the car is off?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please keep us updated!
And that’s an interesting approach for the start button. Does the steering wheel even get power when the car is off?
it all works ok so must have power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts