Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the battery and/or jump lead terminals are. I found the charging terminals in the engine bay, but the leads going to them are obviously not man enough for jump starts. It's that time of year when the covers come off my motor bike, and it always needs a boost ofr the first start of the year.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Saj. Do you know if the terminals are accessable for jump leads?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes you can get to the terminals, but I wouldn't suggest using your car as a jumper other then for emergencies. Can't you find a battery/jumper charger?:confused: Please see the S5 battery breakout..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
It says in the manual that you shouldnt jump directly from the battery.

I'm surprised you say that the terminals aren't good enough to jump from? I've jumped various cars using them. Most of that time being a 4.2V8 TVR and a 3.0 supra, and it's been excellent.

Course, that's my A5 though. The battery might be bigger in that with it being a diesel.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says in the manual that you shouldnt jump directly from the battery.

I'm surprised you say that the terminals aren't good enough to jump from? I've jumped various cars using them. Most of that time being a 4.2V8 TVR and a 3.0 supra, and it's been excellent.

Course, that's my A5 though. The battery might be bigger in that with it being a diesel.
It was the charging terminals under the bonnet that don't look man enough. The terminals on the battery are fine and it had no problem turnig over my motorbike engine. In fact the torque reaction from that battery nearly flipped the bike over!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts