Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

recently bought an A5 Quattro convertible (B8) for some fun in the summer and it’s starting to judder while turning into parking spaces etc. or turning at very slow speeds. It actually felt like it was going to stall today, turning onto the drive.
I’ve checked the fluid and all seems fine, anybody have any experience as to where I should be looking next?

many thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
When I had my B8 I remember steering judder and slow speed while turning. It was especially more apparent in wet/cold weather and the fact that I changed my alloys to a wider kind also exasperated this more. But it was quite normal to have this apparently, so had to live with it!

You wouldn't be wasting your time inspecting bush's ,roll bars/link arms c/v joints and joints etc as a matter of course and even 4 wheel tracking.

If the judder is exceptionally bad and not “normal” then I’d be inclined to take it to a garage for them to check as it may be something to do with the steering pump/tensioner. As I believe the later B8.5 was the electric servo steering then.

~Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts