Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
I'll borrow this thread to ask my question.

My wifey owns A5 sportback 2012 (facelift). The car is a non s-line. It has a dual exhaust tip on the left side of the car only.
The goal is to get the s-line with dual exhaust tip on both sides of the car.

In order to convert it into the s-line, what exactly do I need to replace besides front bumper, front grill, bump panel under the front bumper, rear bumper, rear valance?

I'm worried, that fender liners will not fit and that they would need to be replaced too. Any ideas?

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello! I have the same question about the headlights modules for an A5 facelift conversion.
Did you get an answer? Do you need new modules or can you use your old ones?
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

Anyone have the coding instructions for standard xenon facelift headlights? I have vcd & Ross cable ready to go & headlights installed.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
It depends on what module you have in the car. You would need to check the version.
I changed my module when I went from haligen to xenon pre facelift. I didnt need to change the module again when I facelifted her just the coding

·
Registered
62 Posts
jonnieB great thread and car looks amazing!
I’m hoping to do similar to my 2010 s5 would I be ok to pm you after I get my post count up?
Cheers Alex

·
Registered
62 Posts
Right looks like I may be able to get a facelift from my body shop in with my front end insurance claim.
I’ve read through the thread and I’m still unclear exactly what I will need.
Any help appreciated:

Bonnet
Pair of headlights
Headlight mounts and drain tube?
Facelift bumper (I’ll probably go for a aftermarket rs5 one)
Is that it? As it seems too simple!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Right looks like I may be able to get a facelift from my body shop in with my front end insurance claim.
I’ve read through the thread and I’m still unclear exactly what I will need.
Any help appreciated:

Bonnet
Pair of headlights
Headlight mounts and drain tube?
Facelift bumper (I’ll probably go for a aftermarket rs5 one)
Is that it? As it seems too simple!

Yes just remember if you go for a RS5 OEM then you would need to change your wings as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey JB,
So i ordered some headlights for the facelift on my 2009 S5, bolts not included.
Will my 2009 headlights bolts will do the conversion? or should i buy every bolt that the headlight needs?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Artemis,
You need to order some bolts for conversion.
Please check the previous post page. You will see the parts number lists that you need for conversion.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
ITTS Coming.....:)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
I don't think they will be the same.

Still see this post is still going strong after all these years :):grin2:

Reactions: Steven Turner

·
Registered
3 Posts
AFS headlight question

Looking to take this conversion on also, I have the Xenon headlights with AFS on my 09 A5 S-line, will FL Xenon AFS headlights work plug n play with coding? If not, will I have errors using Non-AFS headlights in place of my current AFS headlights even after they are coded?

·
Registered
55 Posts
3 100% I have them in black on my s5 cabrio original oem paid 1k second hand on eBay and had them refurbed have a look at the pic, I'm also doing facelift managed to get a bargain 2 xenon new lights for £500 now i need a bonnet and an rs5 bumper, yeh iestimate all in all will be around 2k mark for the facelift

Attachments

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Looking to take this conversion on also, I have the Xenon headlights with AFS on my 09 A5 S-line, will FL Xenon AFS headlights work plug n play with coding? If not, will I have errors using Non-AFS headlights in place of my current AFS headlights even after they are coded?
Yes with a coding tweak
:grin2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Everythin gis painted up now ready to go onto car, assembly afeter lunch. Will ring back later today.

No worries on questions.

No the headlight mounts/brackets are separate items (See attached).
Washer jet mounts are fixed to the chasis, not bumper so not they would not come with bumper

The headlights - you can buy a set probably for about £700-£800 on Ebay but audi want more like £1200.

ok going from xenon to xenon, simple coding tweek but you need access to vcds or someone with vcds.

View attachment 42761
Good evening, thank you very much for your post, i see that it has been years but I hope you can still assist me. I have done a similar conversion on my car (audi A5 2.0 TFSI 2011 Xenon to 2013) but I have errors and require the Code you are referring to in the thread above, I have been everywhere and hope you can assist. I would appreciate you sharing the code if you have.

Regards
KG

241 - 260 of 262 Posts