Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up some goodies whilst in Solihull on Monday. Lights came with all bulbs, ballasts, bolts and lower mounting bracket.

DSC00323.JPG DSC00324.JPG DSC00325.JPG DSC00326.JPG

The car as it is today (already converted from halogen to xenon and RS Rieger bumper)

P1030409.JPG P1030406.JPG
:thumbsup:

Reactions: Double V

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gents,

Yes wheels are to do and will be posting up once chosen, looking like 20" but will see.

Looking like circa £2-£2.5K thats shopping a round for parts etc.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gents

Which wheels?2 are hyper silver rotors, all 20". 3rd may show the crappy discs, so looks like something else to do if thats the one - what do you think?

1,2 or 3?

wheels.jpg

img_8540.jpg P1010201-1.jpg

·
Registered
505 Posts
3 then 2, DEFINITELY NOT 1 Jonnie ;-)

Good luck pal!!

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is that with wheels aswell? Thought you'd be looking atleast 1k for wheels alone I just want to change bonnet bumper headlights and coding lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great stuff JonnieB! This conversation takes a lot of time and effort and $$, looking forward mate! :)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys,

I'm liking the RSv type wheels but thinking a safe bet are the larger rotors in hyper silver not sure...:thumbsup:

Still need to try and work the lighting out. Has anyone got a xenon wiring diagram for a 2013 model please?

Bumper and OEM RS5 grille ordered (grille form Little Devil on here). bumper arriving Sunday.

Still need to try and work the lighting out. Has anyone got a xenon wiring diagram for a 2013 model please?

update: I think I have now gathered enough info to establish that if you are changing from xenon to FL xenon then you don't need any looms, just coding. I have checked with one of the guys on here who has had this done, plug straight in and code. I have also checked with aguy in Leeds who is a master at coding etc and he confirms the same so no special looms from xenon to xenon. You would need an adaptor loom form halogen to xenon though. The big test will be tomorrow am .Will post up my findings!

interiordetails053.jpg

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
From what I understand, wings are ok (except if you go from non rs5 bumper to FL RS5 bumper) but bonnet needs changing. I will be trying bumper in a week or so to see this for myself.

Headlights swap over and code but if you are going from halogen to FL xenon then need adaptor looms and possibly a new J519 depending on the part number of your module.

Thing with the alloys, although RSv style is the more modern look, think I will be conservative and go for the hypersilver rotors, they look a bit more robust.

Will update later on the headlights.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Jonnie just got some RSVs, I will send you a pic when fitted next wk!!

I agree though, the RSVs are the 'latest' look, and to be honest I think the rotors look better on the black editions, but, I saw a RS5 conv with RSVs on, that was me.......just awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
V spokes for me jonnie some good deals on ebay Germany if you keep looking cost me £500 to exchange when I sold my old wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Look great Tony,

Now I'm not sure what to do, will need to see some more pics on a red A5/RS5!

Update on lights:-
I'm quite excited about this (unlike my other half!).
The FL bi-xenons plug straight in if you have already got bi-xenons. If you have halogen then you need to get an adaptor such as Kufatec and need to check your central electrics module that it is a later version and has enough pins (another thread on the forum on this) The only thing needed is to code the central electrics module, one simple change of a value, nothing major. All good.
You also need to change the headlight carrier and misc parts to fit them in.

With this worked out the front end conversion can now carry on.

Thankyou to Tony,Tom, Morski and others who helped me out with this.:cheers:

Some pictures below running through various tests, hazards, main lights, indicator

DSC00327.JPG DSC00328.JPG
DSC00329.JPG DSC00331.JPG
DSC00332.JPG DSC00333.JPG

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes me too. I gathered as much info as I could before trying them. This was the only thing to hold up the conversion because without lights you can't do anything.

Still not sure about the wheels. RSv so lookgood on convertibles but I think I'm leaning more towards hyper silver rotors as you only see gunmetal ones and only silver on the rs is unique.

e6afad7ec8a059fb5f731c22a30cdbe6.jpg

1 - 20 of 262 Posts