Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my "dream" car is the new Audi S5 and I was just wondering how much you guys get paid to be able to afford the S5, I am hoping to put this car from my dreams to my garage lol.

How much do you guys pay a month for the car + insurance.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
This question is asked alot and I never understand the logic. Down payment, APR, negative or positive equity on trades are all factors that can change payments.

If you are trying to figure out if you can afford the car based on your financial situation, just use an auto loan calculator....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Not to be an azz, but you already have a thread basically asking the same thing.

You need to read the terms of use, and also familiarize yourself with the search button....

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Also I suspect that a lot of people wouldn't be prepared to tell a complete stranger details of their private financial profile - I know I wouldn't (if I was paying off my car).

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I would also suggest that you need to be aware that you are asking questions that a lot of people will reply with something along the lines of ...

"Mind your own business!".

I'm not being confrontational, just realistic.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Not to be an azz, but you already have a thread basically asking the same thing.

You need to read the terms of use, and also familiarize yourself with the search button....
Good point, sizzle.

Plat, I have merged your "duplicate" threads into one. In the future, please do not post duplicate threads on the same topic in different sections. Read me

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yo.... Not to sound like an ass, okay I do. If you have to ask the question if you can afford an S5, you probably cannot afford it. I have an A5 s-line with taxes coming for $52,000 (yes 9.5% tax in NY) I am financing $25,000. I expect my payments for 60 months to be around $500 a month. This is just a rough estimate. If interest rates jump through the roof for any reason I'll just pay cash.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi my "dream" car is the new Audi S5 and I was just wondering how much you guys get paid to be able to afford the S5, I am hoping to put this car from my dreams to my garage lol.

How much do you guys pay a month for the car + insurance.
Instead of asking us, go ask a dealer. That would solve your problem right there. He/She can run your credit report, ask if you're trading in, etc etc.

All your questions can be answered there

/Close Thread lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rule of thumb

There was a great response to a question like this on the Aston Martin Owners Club forum. An accountant said he advises his clients that the maximum value of a car should not exceed 6 months net income and less than three months income is desirable. He also says you should buy the car unless you can deduct more than 50% of the lease cost.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There was a great response to a question like this on the Aston Martin Owners Club forum. An accountant said he advises his clients that the maximum value of a car should not exceed 6 months net income and less than three months income is desirable. He also says you should buy the car unless you can deduct more than 50% of the lease cost.
I agree with everything but the buy part...not if its an RS6 in 2004 when it was still worth a lot...lost a ton on the car by buying it...out $12K I put down and another $8K to 10K on trade now assuming i get the trade i have been working on which is looking doubtful...had i leased it for 3 years i would be handing it back now with another $15K in my pocket. Ooops. Worried about the S5 getting quickly upside down as well as price is rather high for it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the "if you have to ask, you can't afford" statement only applies to very expensive items, we're talking Boeing 757's and Yachts!. The S5 is only about twice the price of your average car, hardly in that category.

·
Registered
76 Posts
deak,
I think if people lived by the three months salary rule it would be pretty boring. It may be a very smart rule but it basically means you should earn us$220,000 to afford a us$55,000 car like a maxed out 2009 A5. I do not earn that much. (I don't think that is giving too much personal info away). Each individual needs to determine what they can afford without causing any other hardships in their lives.
I know you are just passing this info on from the other site and not preaching it. Just my comments.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It depends on so many factors, like how much you are making, what you are taxed, family responsibilities (if you are married, have a GF or have kids), savings, what you are going to spend day to day for food, clothes, ect., as well as rent our house payments. Someone making 250k probably makes 160 or so after taxes, so that is around 13,300 a month. Now lets say you have no family responsibilities, you don't care much about expensive stuff like Zegna suits and Audemars Piguet watches, and you don't spend more that 2,500 a month for rent, you could defiantly afford an S5, maybe even a Porsche Turbo, but that may be pushing it. On the other hand, someone making 250k a year, with 3 kids in college, a wife with expensive tastes, and an 3-4k a month rent or house payment, and you would be lucky enough to get a base 3 series. So, as others have said, only YOU, your dependents and your financial adviser (if you have one), can say if you can or can't afford an S5.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Although I may now think it's a good idea, when I was 26 I bought a brand new BMW M5 which cost about a whole years salary at the time and I loved it!
Where is it, the repo lot??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.