Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum done one of these JHM Vortech Supercharger installs on their 4.2L V8 cars? If so how has everything gone thus far?

I'm looking to do this to my S5 and would like to see how experiences have been so far?

Ryan

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, a friend of mine basically did my supercharger, flywheel, clutch and brakes among other things but I helped out and it wasn't a difficult one if you follow the instructions. Then modified it further installing a bigger heat exchanger and direct port methanol injection, boost a pump, smaller pulley (3.8") and custom tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well, a friend of mine basically did my supercharger, flywheel, clutch and brakes among other things but I helped out and it wasn't a difficult one if you follow the instructions. Then modified it further installing a bigger heat exchanger and direct port methanol injection, boost a pump, smaller pulley (3.8") and custom tune.
Who did your tune hanif?

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Blimey so how many horses do you have now Hanif.....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The S5 V8 supercharged normally knock out about 520bhp, but with the meth etc, could be somewhere near 600bhp. I know there isn't a huge difference between the RS5 V8 and S5 V8 when supercharged.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Blimey, that is some power Dave!!!! Is that still road legal running on methanol, or is it track only........

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
As far as I know, I think meth is legal to use on the road, but I don't know for sure as never used it. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
The S5 V8 supercharged normally knock out about 520bhp, but with the meth etc, could be somewhere near 600bhp. I know there isn't a huge difference between the RS5 V8 and S5 V8 when supercharged.
There's a big difference between a supercharged V8 S5 vs a RS5. A stock RS5 typically dyno around 340awhp give or take on a mustang dynamometer depending on carbon build up and other factors. The S5 I've seen 260 to 290awhp. A friend of mine stage 2 supercharged V8 did 478awhp. He was running a bigger pulley with less boost with no meth or BAP for more fuel. Moreover, after he drove mine he said it pulled a whole lot harder with the revisions and upgrades I made. Hence, im definitely over 500awhp easily on the most unforgiving dynamometer available. Moreover, let's talk track times as we're talking in general what a standard RS5 does to a supercharged V8 S5. Just a YouTube video search will show you APR running 11.2 quarter mile. So compare that to a 12.7 et that the RS5 runs on a good day and that's a huge difference in power.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I plan to back up my claims with videos on dyno, runs at the track with also dragy to catch more data from runs. Stay tuned ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts