Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Are emissions a problem with the test pipes? Did you ever encounter the CEL problem? Looking at getting the JHM tune and pipes. Already have AWE track.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im wondering about the CEL as well. I want these but cant be throwing a CEL or able to code out the O2 sensors(supposedly Mass will fail you for it)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have them on my car. I haven't had any issues with a CEL.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts

awesome thanks

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Do you have the tune and the test pipes @Breezy ? How do the get past emissions with the catless setup?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have the tune and the test pipes @Breezy ? How do the get past emissions with the catless setup?
I know my state only does computer scanning so if the sensors aren't throwing a code in good lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tune, test pipes, Supercharger, full exhaust, BBK etc.. the other question is classified information :).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tune, test pipes, Supercharger, full exhaust, BBK etc.. the other question is classified information :).

so your cat is coded out? I can't do that

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
the other question is classified information :).

That's very helpful, Thank You. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honestly, I didn't ask them why or how come I don't get a CEL. I did it for HP and the mod delivered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's very helpful, Thank You. :thumbsdown:
Some things shouldn't be discussed on public forums.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the JHM tune but I had read about problems on the V8's and the CEL. Wasn't sure if they had worked it out as being a ECM/Tune issue. I also like the idea of the test pipes but wanted to know how that worked with emissions. Are they moved O2 spacers? Or coded out? Did you install yourself or have a shop do it? Was it a JHM installer? Did they have any issues with the testpipes?

I've thought about going the way of the highflow cats to bypass all this but don't see those listed anymore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know previous generations of the test pipe were guaranteed cel free but they don't have that on the s5's. also early gen tunes had issues I thought the newer tunes weren't an issue any more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have the tune with the catless test pipes. I think if u go catted u might not get a cel. Maybe will though. Call jhm and ask. I passed inspection with the catless and tune at a local shop lol. No hook up just went and was all good to go

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have the tune with the catless test pipes. I think if u go catted u might not get a cel. Maybe will though. Call jhm and ask. I passed inspection with the catless and tune at a local shop lol. No hook up just went and was all good to go
Thanks Mikey. Im waiting on a reply from a JHM installer in Dallas. If they don't have the answers I want I might msg JHM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks Mikey. Im waiting on a reply from a JHM installer in Dallas. If they don't have the answers I want I might msg JHM.

Trust me theres a way to get around the inspection. If a cel is what ur worrying about the tune takes it away. If they check to see if u removed the cats then u gotta find a "guy". Gotta pay to play if thats the case

21 - 40 of 67 Posts