Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got a trolley jack with a circular 'saddle' but can't see any obvious jack points under the A5. On the old TT there were 4x nice round rubber jack points which made things easy. I don't fancy jacking up with the car's jack (emergency only in my opinion), any ideas as I want to take the wheels off and paint my calipers.

Thanks
Simon

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi,

I've got a trolley jack with a circular 'saddle' but can't see any obvious jack points under the A5. On the old TT there were 4x nice round rubber jack points which made things easy. I don't fancy jacking up with the car's jack (emergency only in my opinion), any ideas as I want to take the wheels off and paint my calipers.

Thanks
Simon
'
This picture taken at APS shows clearly where the professionals jack the car. No suprprise, it's immediately behind and in front of the front and rear wheel arches respectively.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1009&d=1203245018

Of course the manual might also point to the right pace too!

;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the picture. The manual only shows the 'V' marks for the car jack not the trolley points. Next question, would axel stands be ok next to the jack points in the pciture?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks for the picture. The manual only shows the 'V' marks for the car jack not the trolley points. Next question, would axel stands be ok next to the jack points in the pciture?
'
Not sure... I tend to jack the car up and place axle stands under the suspension arms/mounts somewhere, but I've not had occasion to jack up the S5 yet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Simon
Yes I had a TT. excellent jacking points, saddle on my trolley jack just clicked into them. very secure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
BUMP - is there any authoritative guidance on how to jack S5 using floor jacks? Pictures would be great as well. The picture above seems like jacking points when you use a hoist which might be diff since you are lifting all four corners at once.

Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Jack Points

See this thread.
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/place-jack-stands-6989/index.html?t=6989
The plastic pad referenced is placed at the "v" point marked on the bottom sill (as noted in the owners manual) on the pinch weld, and lifted there. This keeps the weld from collapsing, but I am not confident as to where the jack stands should go.

There are no handy or nice built-in pads as on the TT.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am also interested in this as I tried the supplied jack and while better than a couple of manufacturer product is far from great. Trolley jack would be much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts