Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Mine is being down on the 29th and after seeing this pic Im a little less sceptical now :)

Plus Im at MRC tomorrow so can get dyno results before and after I have had it done.

Attachments

Reactions: Cuppa

·
Registered
234 Posts
Today I had my car Carbon Cleaned by Cuppa and his colleagues at the Donnington Expo. And from earwigging to everyone else, most people have very little knowledge of what this actually does, but after Cuppa explained technically (and Simon explained simply) people were then took a sudden interest. After the show was promoting performance upgrades and increasing power... why not start by restoring the power you have lost and then build on top?!

Well from what I have found from driving back from the show is that my throttle response has improved, quite noticeably I might add. In sports mode the benefits are more noticeable and pulls more than I believe it did before. The delivery is a lot lot smoother than it was before without a shadow of a doubt. As for the MPG I am yet to see... but as explained, when people notice power come back, the first thing they want to do is use it! That one will come at a later date... :grin2:

I have had this done pre-remap so hopefully will see even better gains from a remap as the insides will all be fresh again! I have ran fuel cleaners through before and always run on Shell V Power and even after this I have still saw improvements, so anyone using standard stuff and never had any treatment, this is DEFINITELY for you.

Whilst I was there I watched a MK1 TT have the engine carbon cleaned and even though it didn't move you could tell it was needed. There was loads of crap that came out the exhaust and the engine note completely changed. The revs went from lumpy to smooth after about 20 minutes of the machine being on.

On a personal note, Cuppa and the other guys are genuinely great guys and a good laugh. Will try to remember to post the news with the MPG!
Once again that you Cuppa!

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
cuppa soo i own a 2013 2.0 tdi with 75k on clock . its pretty much a motorway muncher. it feels better to drive than my old 2011 2.0 tdi so im unsure if i need this doing or not.

what do you honestly think am i likely to have a load of build up?

also do you take card?

lee

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
cuppa soo i own a 2013 2.0 tdi with 75k on clock . its pretty much a motorway muncher. it feels better to drive than my old 2011 2.0 tdi so im unsure if i need this doing or not.

what do you honestly think am i likely to have a load of build up?

also do you take card?

lee
Unless I am next to the car and able to rev it then cannot tell how much you have. Any car will have some (unless still fairly new), just depends how much you have due to fuel type/driving style/age/mileage, etc.

I personally take card, some of the other franchisees will also so it depends which part of the world you are in.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Will speak to you on 7th at quatteotech :) might get it done but still undecided

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if this type of service is available in the USA? I see a lot of you guys are in the UK, however I am not. Definitely looking for an alternative to having to pull everything apart.

If anything, can you tell me what to search for in Google to find this in the US?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Cuppa,

Is there any risk to disel cars with particle filters that these could become clogged up or break for that matter on an older car with a lot of carbon build up?

thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
i am really interested in this but my questions after watching the videos the last few days are these

1) where does the carbon go. if its not coating the valves etc is it now clogging my DPF or CAT etc?

2) why use TAP water there are loads of other chemicals in tab water are those other chemicals not harmful to the engine in anyway OR are all the impurities in the clean system and only clean stuff sent down the inlet?

my car doesnt smoke its done 75k in 2 years so its been literally motorway driving its life so im sure there is carbon build up i just presumed that what the DPF sorted out and stopped the black stuff coming out the back.

lee

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Seems my post on FB about this is attracting the trolls in the form of Terraclean agents.
why bother? All it does when its companies acting like this is make them look unprofessional and pathetic.
If I wanted the Terraclean service, I would have chose it. I didn't, so didn't :)

So I had to make a MEME just for fun :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
This is all interesting and good feedback.

Cuppa you should let us all know were you are going to be. I could have popped up to Bicester and had the V8 done :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ok so this has been in planning for a while and finally booked in.

I have Cuppa and Den coming down to Surrey Rolling Roads on Mon 9th Nov to sort out my 57 plate V8 S5 which should be sat at just over 56k miles with an unknown history of carbon cleaning.

We will be carrying out the following:
1. Pre-clean dyno run
2. Engine clean on site at SRR
3. Post-clean dyno run

Very much looking forward to proving this to be a success so I can spend £100 a year on a clean rather than £700 on a strip down when required :D

I believe Den is considering bringing Mics along also for the exhaust note, please correct me if wrong / add whatever you want to the above information Cuppa.

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Cuppa,

Is there any risk to disel cars with particle filters that these could become clogged up or break for that matter on an older car with a lot of carbon build up?

thanks
The cleaning process runs for a minimum of 30mins so that if any stuff gets chucked through to the DPF then it is cleaned from it. Get quite a few calls to clear DPFs using the process. Longest I had to run gas for was 60 minutes until cleared the DPF on a car which wouldn't rev above 2.2k rpm when I arrived.

i am really interested in this but my questions after watching the videos the last few days are these

1) where does the carbon go. if its not coating the valves etc is it now clogging my DPF or CAT etc?

2) why use TAP water there are loads of other chemicals in tab water are those other chemicals not harmful to the engine in anyway OR are all the impurities in the clean system and only clean stuff sent down the inlet?

my car doesnt smoke its done 75k in 2 years so its been literally motorway driving its life so im sure there is carbon build up i just presumed that what the DPF sorted out and stopped the black stuff coming out the back.

lee
1 - see above answer.
2 - machine has a filter system in it to purify the water prior to electrolysis, but the chemicals you mention would not be turned into a gas via electrolysis anyway - just to repeat - we do not put water vapour or steam into the car - hydrogen and oxygen are not water.

This is all interesting and good feedback.

Cuppa you should let us all know were you are going to be. I could have popped up to Bicester and had the V8 done :)
Will probably publish a route diary online soon, but will be back at Bicester soon enough.

Ok so this has been in planning for a while and finally booked in.

I have Cuppa and Den coming down to Surrey Rolling Roads on Mon 9th Nov to sort out my 57 plate V8 S5 which should be sat at just over 56k miles with an unknown history of carbon cleaning.

We will be carrying out the following:
1. Pre-clean dyno run
2. Engine clean on site at SRR
3. Post-clean dyno run

Very much looking forward to proving this to be a success so I can spend £100 a year on a clean rather than £700 on a strip down when required :D

I believe Den is considering bringing Mics along also for the exhaust note, please correct me if wrong / add whatever you want to the above information Cuppa.
Looks good to me, looking to consolidate these kind of requests though.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Called the company yesterday only to find out that there is no engineer for my local area (north wales/Liverpool area) will just have to wait or take on the franchise ;)

41 - 60 of 113 Posts