Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellas, my baby is finally on my drive, i am over the moon with it! I though i would be collecting it this morning but the dealer rang me first thing to say that the car would only be ready late afternoon. I was a long day i can tell you but at 4pm i got my hands on it.
After taking it home having had a lovely drive on the twisty roads of carlow, i tried to pair my HTC Tytn II phone to it and guess what, there is no bluetooth fitted!!!!!! there is no ariel on the roof either!!!!
I could not believe it, i rang the dealer as he was heading home for the bank holiday weekend and he was mortified, he is going to look into it but the best i can hope for is a refund id say.
I mean for god's sake, Audi forgetting to fit an €800 option? Im still thrilled with the car but not very happy with Audi.
Can the bluetooth option be retrofitted at the dealers?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Omaha ... sorry to hear about the incompetence but don't let that take the shine off. It's still a great day!

·
Registered
441 Posts
That really does stink... at least you have your A5 now! Sounds as if someone got into a hurry for production time maybe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas, you are right, it wont ruin things for me. I plan to have a good old dash down to Kilkenny (great road) tomorrow just to strech her legs a bit, im keeping the revs under 3000rpm for a while though to run it in.
The ipod kit (denison) wasnt fitted either but that was by the dealer and they are going to do it for me next week but the SD slot works a dream on converted itunes so maybe ill cancel that as i really hate the though of a guy taking anything apart to connect a cable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update, thats if anyone cares (sniff). The dealer rang me and apologied, aparently it was his fault that the bluetooth wasn't ordered, he is going to give me paperwork showing that i wasn't charged for it at the weekend and hopefully i can squeeze a few things out of him. Im keen to get a full sized spare wheel, i really hate those spacesavers (i actually failed a driving test because of have one fitted once).
The dealer said something about a 3rd party bluetooth kit coming out for the A5 soon that should have the same features as the audi kit ie. full mmi function, steering wheel controls etc. Anyone hear of this or get one?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Omaha, welcome on board!

Nightmare about the lack of bluetooth. It is possible to retrofit bluetooth with Audi MMI - I had this done in an A8 (can't beleive it wasn't standard!). The kits are OEM and are available at:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/index.php/cat/c274_A5---8T.html

Might be worth sourcing one and seeing if one of the Audi master technicians will fit it on the cheap? Audi dealerships tend to stay away from retrofitting bluetooth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks fellas, you are right, it wont ruin things for me. I plan to have a good old dash down to Kilkenny (great road) tomorrow just to strech her legs a bit, im keeping the revs under 3000rpm for a while though to run it in.
The ipod kit (denison) wasnt fitted either but that was by the dealer and they are going to do it for me next week but the SD slot works a dream on converted itunes so maybe ill cancel that as i really hate the though of a guy taking anything apart to connect a cable.
The Dension won't work with the AMI that you have in the 1.8t. There's a couple of threads on here about this.

2nd strike against your dealer ....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Dension won't work with the AMI that you have in the 1.8t. There's a couple of threads on here about this.

2nd strike against your dealer ....
Yeah, i did read that. I'll stick with the sd card for now, it really works great and its no real hassle sorting out my music onto it.

Thanks for that link Quattrophenia, i'll look into it. I want to know what kind of work is needed as i really hate the though of some guy ripping my dash out to fit this.

A mate suggested i get a bluetooth earpiece but as i said to him, ill be dead in the cold ground before i'll wear one of those!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
...bluetooth earpiece but as i said to him, ill be dead in the cold ground before i'll wear one of those!!!!!!!!
Amen!

I am glad you at least have a decent solution for your music.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, i did read that. I'll stick with the sd card for now, it really works great and its no real hassle sorting out my music onto it.

Thanks for that link Quattrophenia, i'll look into it. I want to know what kind of work is needed as i really hate the though of some guy ripping my dash out to fit this.

A mate suggested i get a bluetooth earpiece but as i said to him, ill be dead in the cold ground before i'll wear one of those!!!!!!!!

The MMI control unit that the BT interfaces with will either be in the boot, one of the seats or alternatively in the glovebox (which would need to be removed). All the cars electrics work on a MOST fibre optic network. The BT interface would need to be integrated to this and is quite a complex job.

A guy called Craig at http://www.tclsatnav.com/index_003.htm fitted this into my A8 when I had it. Did a really good job.... only downside from your perspective is that he's in Manchester, UK.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just a friendly note that if the car in question does not have MMI/DVD navigation, it does not have the fiber-optic loop. In this case the Bluetooth module is something different than the MOST one discussed here. I'm sure it too can be retrofitted but just make sure what module it is - to make it easier, it is probably possible to just retrofit the module with bluetooth (no roof aerial because you won't use that when you use bluetooth, nor a adapter in glovebox)... this would make the retrofit easier becase all that is needed is installation of the Audi factory module that is compatible with this car, that includes the bluetooth antenna in the box, and coding so that the car recognizes it. Also microphone needs to go to the roof, but that is relatively easy too I believe. Most definitely doable, easy even perhaps - unless there is some different version of Radio concert/symphony that is needed with the phone prep.

See this site for instructions on last generation systems (should be similar to non-MMI/DVD navi A5s):

http://www.navplus.us/forums/showthread.php?t=7741

See also the forum in general for more on retrofits:

http://www.navplus.us

Very sorry to hear about this. Goes to show that please all double check with your dealer (and ask him to check from his computer) that everything you ordered is coming - maybe do this a few weeks after the order is in - and don't rely on their own notes, bring your own list of accessories and ask him to verify that the computer shows all of them ordered.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for the info loc. Also, please update your location so we know where you're from.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts