Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else out there in A5 land had a problem filling their beloved A5? Mine (1.8T) seems to have a problem with petrol regurgitation as it reaches full. The first time I filled it up, the auto cut-off of the fuel nozzle didn't get a chance to trigger in time and god knows how much petrol gushed out under some considerable pressure. I mentioned it to Audi when it went back for a software update and they reckon nothing is wrong- they suggested going slowly as I neared the full mark, which is all good and well if you fill up from fumes and know how much it will take! The last time I filled up, from about a quarter full (trying to miss the daily 2p/litre fuel rise!!!!) it caught me out again and I wasted a whole lot all over the forecourt floor.... The fuel pump was different both times but at the same filling station, and I never had that problem with my A4, which I always filled there.
Expensive way to enjoy your motoring I reckon.:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you both for the feedback. Will give it a go next time I fill up. Unfortunately the filling station I usually use is a good lot cheaper per tank than the others in the area so my tight wallet always draws me back there! May just have to take a hit and try another filling station..... or stand like a mug and trickle in the last few litres.:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.