Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
He must be filling it up again on the way back from the Garage !!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
JESUS H CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome is not the word. The engine sound is phenomenal.

I only popped back in to grab something to eat. I couldn't get any photos. I'll post some up tomorrow when I can take them in the daylight.

:eek:

For those of you that haven't got one yet, the car is WAY better in the 'flesh' than ANY pictures on here could hope to match.

In my opinion (purely my opinion) Phantom Black makes this car look much better.

I've already had one guy come up to me when I was stopped at a railway crossing and say "What the F*** is that, it sounds incredible?"

<- grinning like you wouldn't believe.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Glad to hear you like it :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Really pleased for you Highrisedrifter - enjoy and keep grinning.......... the photo's can wait :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
JESUS H CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome is not the word. The engine sound is phenomenal.

For those of you that haven't got one yet, the car is WAY better in the 'flesh' than ANY pictures on here could hope to match.

In my opinion (purely my opinion) Phantom Black makes this car look much better.

<- grinning like you wouldn't believe.
It's not only your opinion (mine too) Phantom Black just makes the car...

Glad you are enjoying it.. at least the price of petrol is dropping... 87.9 here and b* diseasel is still 102.9... maybe I should have been braver and gone for the V8 S5...

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Just got back in after almost 100 miles of driving in the last four hours.

Pity I couldn't have got back home in daylight to take pics but I'll do that tomorrow before I head back out again! :)

I'm actually part of the club now! I'm making a note here; huge success.

First impressions:

In the past i've had various front wheel drive and rear wheel drive cars, but i've never had a four wheel drive before.

In a car that i've only had for a few hours, I was able to take corners in complete safety and confidence at higher speeds that I would ever have considered in my old 911. Four wheel drive makes this car a dream to drive. The engine note is incredible and boy does the car turn heads. I've actually lost count of the number of people who watched me as I drove by. The throaty engine noise drew their attention and the sleek looks held their attention until I had gone out of sight. The car is so low and wide the centre of gravity is nice and low, this makes cornering so much easier. Much less body roll through corners than I am used to too. The road can be heard through the tyres (stock S5 wheels) but this is soooo not an issue as it isn't loud.

I've had two people comment on my car now. One at a level crossing, the other on a pushbike at some traffic lights.

Whilst I wouldn't have chosen the B&O system initially, the sound quality is amazing and i'm glad I did.

The hard drive I had sorted out, although formatted correctly and so on, failed to initialise. It was a Samsung PoS that will get replaced tomorrow morning once I get to the post office and pick the new one up (delivered whilst I was at work today). The USB stick I had in backup worked fine though.

My iPhone synced well but the directory will not show up. I'm not sure if that is me not knowing wht I am doing or if the phone just won't sync. It's a first gen 2G one running firmware 2.something.

Still, first impressions, once I can get this damn erection to go down, are very favourable indeed.

Now that i've driven the S5 and heard the engine, I am so glad I splashed out the extra to get exactly what I wanted. And damn i'm glad I held out for Phantom Black too! :)

Also, my dealership told me to keep the revs below 4000rpm and not to floor it for the first 1000 miles. Definitely no redline.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats m8 look forward to the pics ;)

If you think your S5 sounds well running with stock exhaust wait until you hear a S5 with a Milltek fitted,omfg :eek: :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice review..... I too can't wait for the Pics, I bet you pop out in it again just one more time Tonight :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
:D Cheeky git! Nah, that includes the handover, seeing some friends and setting all the options up to my liking too.
3 hours to sort out the Heated Seat settings seems rather excessive!!:D:D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Reading all that makes me want to jump in the car and go drive right now..Nice write up. Enjoy the car and yes Phantom is the colour (in my opinion of course) ;)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Petrol down to 82.9p here... maybe a V8 would have been an option after all... PX anyone?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Petrol down to 82.9p here... ...............
But for how long.... If it stays low for a Quater they will be shoving extra duty on before we can say - Cheeky Bleeders......... After all this IS still Rip-Off UK !!!!!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
But for how long.... If it stays low for a Quater they will be shoving extra duty on before we can say - Cheeky Bleeders......... After all this IS still Rip-Off UK !!!!!
Think I would miss the 500nm of Torque if I had an S5 as well as circa 40mpg!!:D:D

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.