Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm near Brighton. Junction 5 is Sevenoaks I believe?

M25 isn't too bad though. It would be straight up the M23 to junction 7 and head towards Dartford. Shouldn't take me more than an hour on a good day. It would also give me some quality time with the car too. :D
J4 Bromley, J5 ClacketLaneServices, J6 Godstone. Since it is that far, you may find somebody nearer to Brighton. That said, more than happy to help if you wish to suffer the ordeal of driving for a whole hour in your new car.....!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah i'll definitely tell my insurance company whatever I do.

The Miltek isn't an urgent thing as I will be happy with the V8 burble for a while. The spacers I think change the look of the car quite considerably.

(Picture from TX's bottomless picture pit)

I'll do some research into spacers I think, in readiness.
Congrats on your decision Highrisedrifter - looks like I'll still be seeing the ibis S5 at Norwich Audi then.

p.s I'd fit spacers - it definitely makes the car look cleaner anyway :p

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
p.s I'd fit spacers - it definitely makes the car look cleaner anyway ??? Cleaner what do you mean????

Isn't a bucket of water good enough?????

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats mate, should have a meet in norfolk in the new year if you can be bothered to drive that far, as doubledoom has the coilovers + spacers, me and dbs2 have the spings + spacers, so you'd definitly be able to try out my setup at least. Maybe we can venture further your way towards london if anyone knows any decent outdoor carting places we could go.

looks a lot better, and in my opinion, the ride isnt that bad, i was expecting a lot worse from what doubledoom told me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
YAY !!!!

Congrats... You were busy while we were in the Lakes... Looking forward to seeing it at the next Norfolk Meet ;)

What time you picking it up Friday... The Audi Place is only 5 Mins from My Norwich Office... I'll pop over and Greet :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
YAY !!!!

Congrats... You were busy while we were in the Lakes... Looking forward to seeing it at the next Norfolk Meet ;)

What time you picking it up Friday... The Audi Place is only 5 Mins from My Norwich Office... I'll pop over and Greet :)
I'm picking it up from Worthing Audi! :D

I decided not to go to the Norfolk one as my local dealer found me a new one in the colour I wanted (Phantom) with the same options for 300 quid more!! :D

The one in Norfolk was an ex-demo.

·
Registered
821 Posts
DOH !!!!

I aint popping over then :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The dealership phoned today and informed me that my car has had its PDI and has been valeted and will be ready for me to pick up at 5pm tomorrow night after work.

• Insurance sorted
  • Car paid for
  • Music on hard drive in right format and playlisted in readiness
  • Phone sorted.

Oh yes! Here we go!

Expect pictures on Sunday I reckon. Saturday will be spent doing a small amount of driving! :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Why aren't you there NOW??!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Whoops sorry... think of all the petrol you are saving!!!;-)

Good luck tomorrow.

RG Happy with my Sport Audi have sorted me out!

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
What did they do in the end? Or can you not say!
I haven't had to sign a 'compromise/confidentiality agreement' but Audi have finally come up with a good will gesture which is probably as good as it gets. I had my dealers full support in this and they have been excellent if not rather embarassed

Audi have eventually recognised my position which is not typical. I categorically asked was S line coming the week before taking delivery of a 'stock' model was told NO. The following week (due to Credit Crunch apparently) the S Line was announced. I bought 5 months earlier than I needed to because I was assured no new models and bought an 'in stock' high spec model for the same reason.

Outcome is not ideal but I am pleased it is sorted and look forward to receiving cheque and continuing to enjoy what is the best car I have ever owned!!

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've PM'd you NikeNike

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
As a travelling laptop fan you should have had plenty of time to paste 'photos by now.

Hope all went well.

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
821 Posts
Were Waiting !!!! :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I thought S5's were quick????

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.