Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Now that is nice, well done! At least you have avoided the SLine!!! Sounds mighty like the spec our near neighbour has, the dealer ordered 2 the same by mistake. One for him , one for lease company.. I didn't believe the story!

I got 9% +£750 off my 3.0Tdi last month your deal sounds better!! + 15% VAT..

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Thanks guys

EDIT: Now to plan my first set of mods. I think spacers will go on first, then a Miltek. I'm not sure whether to go for resonating or non-resonating though.
Hope you tell your Insurance Company Bah Humbug and what is wrong with the Standard V8 Exhaust :confused:that burble is great as it is IMHO...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I can understand Milltec to replace a knackered original system but otherwise I am not convinced.

Agree spacers look good but I have to say my only experience of these was in the 70's on an old Mini when I was a young JTL .They caused a lot of damage for little benefit (other than looks) Decided the larger wheel/tyre option was better. ? 20in on S5/A5

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I am always open to persuasion but not convinced yet.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Where in the NE are you? I have been to Newcastle once in the last 40 years but needed an interpretor!! ;-)

I love the S5 and wish at times I had bought one!

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
p.s I'd fit spacers - it definitely makes the car look cleaner anyway ??? Cleaner what do you mean????

Isn't a bucket of water good enough?????

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Why aren't you there NOW??!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Whoops sorry... think of all the petrol you are saving!!!;-)

Good luck tomorrow.

RG Happy with my Sport Audi have sorted me out!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
What did they do in the end? Or can you not say!
I haven't had to sign a 'compromise/confidentiality agreement' but Audi have finally come up with a good will gesture which is probably as good as it gets. I had my dealers full support in this and they have been excellent if not rather embarassed

Audi have eventually recognised my position which is not typical. I categorically asked was S line coming the week before taking delivery of a 'stock' model was told NO. The following week (due to Credit Crunch apparently) the S Line was announced. I bought 5 months earlier than I needed to because I was assured no new models and bought an 'in stock' high spec model for the same reason.

Outcome is not ideal but I am pleased it is sorted and look forward to receiving cheque and continuing to enjoy what is the best car I have ever owned!!

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've PM'd you NikeNike

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
As a travelling laptop fan you should have had plenty of time to paste 'photos by now.

Hope all went well.

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I thought S5's were quick????

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
JESUS H CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome is not the word. The engine sound is phenomenal.

For those of you that haven't got one yet, the car is WAY better in the 'flesh' than ANY pictures on here could hope to match.

In my opinion (purely my opinion) Phantom Black makes this car look much better.

<- grinning like you wouldn't believe.
It's not only your opinion (mine too) Phantom Black just makes the car...

Glad you are enjoying it.. at least the price of petrol is dropping... 87.9 here and b* diseasel is still 102.9... maybe I should have been braver and gone for the V8 S5...

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
:D Cheeky git! Nah, that includes the handover, seeing some friends and setting all the options up to my liking too.
3 hours to sort out the Heated Seat settings seems rather excessive!!:D:D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Petrol down to 82.9p here... maybe a V8 would have been an option after all... PX anyone?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
But for how long.... If it stays low for a Quater they will be shoving extra duty on before we can say - Cheeky Bleeders......... After all this IS still Rip-Off UK !!!!!
Think I would miss the 500nm of Torque if I had an S5 as well as circa 40mpg!!:D:D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
At least you haven't got to set up the heated seats again!

Enjoy..
RG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.