Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed the order form last night for a new S5 Tip and today I picked out the registration number.

Phantom Black with Black Silk Nappa. Satnav, B&O, AMI, Phone Prep - High, Heated Seats, Advanced Key, Parking Plus. Pretty much all the things that I consider vital for me.

It was an order that someone had backed out of and the car remained unregistered. I got about £5k off the list price.

I should pick it up next Friday or Saturday, work permitting and all being well.

I'd like to offer my thanks to those that helped me make the decision in my other thread. It helped immensely.

<- Happy bunny now. :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Now that is nice, well done! At least you have avoided the SLine!!! Sounds mighty like the spec our near neighbour has, the dealer ordered 2 the same by mistake. One for him , one for lease company.. I didn't believe the story!

I got 9% +£750 off my 3.0Tdi last month your deal sounds better!! + 15% VAT..

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats and look forward to the pics now you are a official S5 member :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congrats mate.......thats a tad better than waiting until March!!!!:cool:

I'm sure your going to enjoy it............and i'm a big believer in fate..........dont think you were ever going to get an A5!!!!

Let us know when you pick her up and get some photos on soon

G

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys

The next six days should go pretty quickly I reckon. Especially as I have some major projects at work that will occupy most of my time and keep my mind from the dragging wait! :D

EDIT: Now to plan my first set of mods. I think spacers will go on first, then a Miltek. I'm not sure whether to go for resonating or non-resonating though.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats!

£5K off the list price!?! :eek: Wow! Way to go!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Thanks guys

EDIT: Now to plan my first set of mods. I think spacers will go on first, then a Miltek. I'm not sure whether to go for resonating or non-resonating though.
Hope you tell your Insurance Company Bah Humbug and what is wrong with the Standard V8 Exhaust :confused:that burble is great as it is IMHO...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope you tell your Insurance Company Bah Humbug and what is wrong with the Standard V8 Exhaust :confused:that burble is great as it is IMHO...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah i'll definitely tell my insurance company whatever I do.

The Miltek isn't an urgent thing as I will be happy with the V8 burble for a while. The spacers I think change the look of the car quite considerably.

(Picture from TX's bottomless picture pit)

I'll do some research into spacers I think, in readiness.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I can understand Milltec to replace a knackered original system but otherwise I am not convinced.

Agree spacers look good but I have to say my only experience of these was in the 70's on an old Mini when I was a young JTL .They caused a lot of damage for little benefit (other than looks) Decided the larger wheel/tyre option was better. ? 20in on S5/A5

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know everyone has different tastes on how a car can look but i can honestly say with my S5 having 15mm wheel spacers,25mm H & R Springs and Miltek exhaust fitted this year from APS i would never go back to a stock S5 the look is more menacing now,the drive sportier and the sound a lot more aggresive so give me my S5 over a stock one anyday.
Got to say it has been the best £1200 pounds i have spent this year :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I am always open to persuasion but not convinced yet.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah no prob RG like i said earlier everyone has different tastes and i respect that,its a pity you live so far away from me as seeing and hearing my S5 in the flesh just might turn you to the other side :D ;)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Where in the NE are you? I have been to Newcastle once in the last 40 years but needed an interpretor!! ;-)

I love the S5 and wish at times I had bought one!

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
373 Posts
That sounds about right understanding the geordie language :D i am originally from a place called West Denton in Newcastle Upon Tyne but moved away from there about 10 years ago to County Durham about 16 miles outside Newcastle,my family still lives up there and i work there everyday.

Yeah certainly one awsome car the S5 and the A5 isnt to bad either :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah certainly one awsome car the S5 and the A5 isnt to bad either :)
The first S5 I saw up close was the Phantom Black one I test drove on Friday. When I first saw the car, it was from about 30 yards away and front on. It looked jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I couldn't believe how aggressive it looked.

The first thought that ran through my head was "This is my car."

As it happens, it wasn't my car but I will have one very similar very soon.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
HighRiseDrifter,

If you're going for spacers you'll almost certainly want to lower as well.

I did view mine with just spacers prior to it being lowered as coliovers weren't available at the time and was loathed to go for H&R springs knowing I would be upgrading to the coilovers within a few months. However as everyone that was at APS that day agreed it looked like it's on stilts so I gave in and splashed out knowing full well it was money down the drain.

In the picture you have above if you look closely at the front wheel arch and imagine that from a full on side view it will give you an idea of what I mean. IMO it reminded me of all those oversized wheels the boyracers run on Golfs without lowered to compensate, damn ugly!

Personal taste of cause but I'd be surprised if you didn't agree once you see it for yourself.

If you've unsure re the lowering and comfort we can always met up for you to test the difference for yourself.

P.S. Congrats on the car, great price and I'm sure you'll believe you've made the right move !

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HighRiseDrifter,

If you're going for spacers you'll almost certainly want to lower as well.

I did view mine with just spacers prior to it being lowered as coliovers weren't available at the time and was loathed to go for H&R springs knowing I would be upgrading to the coilovers within a few months. However as everyone that was at APS that day agreed it looked like it's on stilts so I gave in and splashed out knowing full well it was money down the drain.

In the picture you have above if you look closely at the front wheel arch and imagine that from a full on side view it will give you an idea of what I mean. IMO it reminded me of all those oversized wheels the boyracers run on Golfs without lowered to compensate, damn ugly!

Personal taste of cause but I'd be surprised if you didn't agree once you see it for yourself.

If you've unsure re the lowering and comfort we can always met up for you to test the difference for yourself.

P.S. Congrats on the car, great price and I'm sure you'll believe you've made the right move !
Thanks mate. I'm umming and aaahing about lowering. But you're right about seeing it in the flesh before dismissing it out-of-hand I reckon.

And i'll definitely be up for a meet at some point in the not too distant future. I'd like to find someone reasonably local with VAGCOM too and get the DRLs, voice (if poss) and lap timer sorted, plus anything else that would be useful.

Only five days to go...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Approximately where in West Sussex are you located, and how far do you define as local? I am in Kent near J4/J5 M25 if it helps.
I'm near Brighton. Junction 5 is Sevenoaks I believe?

M25 isn't too bad though. It would be straight up the M23 to junction 7 and head towards Dartford. Shouldn't take me more than an hour on a good day. It would also give me some quality time with the car too. :D

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.