Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well kind of, my s5 has arrived at glasgow audi but i wont be able to collect till thursday coz im getting a private plate transferred on to it. Im going to the garage tomorrow to have a look at it, gotta say im pretty nervous as its my first white car and ive yet to see any 5's in white. or with red leather or with the panoramic sunroof, il post pics asap.

on a side note gerry the salesman ive dealt with at glasgow audi, btw top bloke who talks straight from the hip second car ive got him, let me take an r8 for a test drive. dear god it is unlike anything ive ever driven before, the grip, noise and handling is truly breathtaking. def gonna get one after the s5. oh and ppls reactions were unreal grown men were jumping up and down when i drove past.i just hope it doesnt make the s5 feel slightly blunt

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Most likely the reason you haven't seen another white S5 with magma in Scotland is because as far as I know from people on this forum i've been the only one with that combo in Scotland so far and i've been down south with the car since i've had it.

So we will be a rare site. Probably see you sometime in Glasgow if you ever in the city center or shields area on the weekends. You'll know its me from my reggy too.

Rab has a white A5 so you might see him about as he lives in Glasgow too.

Congrats on the car, your going to love it.....the combo is fantastic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your S5 sounds great I'm really coming around to how so good they look in white.:D

Know how you feel as I'm also lucky enough to have driven an R8. Made brother's 911 feel like a 2CV.

Sorry but even with a private plate why have your new car Registered in the middle of Feb when only 2-3 weeks away from "08 "registrations on 1st March?

But suppose that's the accountant in me thinking!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Sorry but even with a private plate why have your new car Registered in the middle of Feb when only 2-3 weeks away from "08 "registrations on 1st March?
Does it make any difference? If the car's registered during 2008, it's a 2008 car, if it's registered new on a private plate, it won't have an associated '57' number assigned.

I may be wrong - anyone?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Would make slight difference

If car sold on and private plate removed then would be assigned an 08 plate.

Which would have effect on resale value.

God really sound like boring accountant now:eek:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
After waiting so long for the car, I wouldn't care, well I didn't, the dealer offered to hold the car till March for me but then but I didn't want to wait a month for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its worth the wait. Its an awesome car. They told me 3 months and I had one in a week. Someone cancelled theirs for a Porsch and I took it. One thing, if you tint the windows cover the MMI computer in the driver rear quaterpanel. The water they spray on the rear window will go directly into the cooling fan and short out the system. NO WARRANTY. $1500. You will have to get the window tint place to file a claim with their insurance. What a pain in the butt. Also no parts available for the S5 in the USA. All parts come from Germany, took one week to get here. But still an awesome car.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Great advice, Brian. Another forum member experienced a similar issue when he got his A5's windows tinted by the dealership. In his case, the water shorted out the sound module. Fortunately, the dealership was able to quickly replace the module with one they "stole" from another A5. Otherwise, he probably would have had to wait for the part to be shipped over from Germany like you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yip... don't spray water around the inside of your A/S5. It wasn't designed for that. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Its worth the wait. Its an awesome car. They told me 3 months and I had one in a week. Someone cancelled theirs for a Porsch and I took it. One thing, if you tint the windows cover the MMI computer in the driver rear quaterpanel. The water they spray on the rear window will go directly into the cooling fan and short out the system. NO WARRANTY. $1500. You will have to get the window tint place to file a claim with their insurance. What a pain in the butt. Also no parts available for the S5 in the USA. All parts come from Germany, took one week to get here. But still an awesome car.
Wow, I never knew about this.

I think the UK MMI is on the left hand side though. (US driver's side).

Great to hear of your new arrival shaz :p I'll certainly be looking out for it in and around Glasgow.

I drive a white A5 btw. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah the dealer did say he could hold it till march so i get the 08 plate on it, thought about it for a minute, then decided i couldnt wait any longer seeing as i put the order down in march, especially seeing as its at the dealer already cant bear the thought of it just sitting there

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah the dealer did say he could hold it till march so i get the 08 plate on it, thought about it for a minute, then decided i couldnt wait any longer seeing as i put the order down in march, especially seeing as its at the dealer already cant bear the thought of it just sitting there
Shaz did you see a red s5 sitting next to yours.Mine was due in anytime also but have not yet heard from the dealer as I was on holiday last week and only returned today.Cant wait to see the car although I will have to be patient as I am waiting for the 08 plate.You must have had the longest wait on this forum for your car if you ordered march.I thought I was bad ordering august.Think I will visit the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry my bad i ordered august as well, think i did see a red s5 now that you mention it, i was too busy drooling over mine though. a bit worrying though when i went to check it out i sat down in it revved the engine and it would only go to 4000rpm. the dealer said it was only running on 3 cylinders and it would be sorted by the time i get the keys on weds thurs, just wondering if this is a standard audi thing before the keys are handed over?

·
Registered
103 Posts
sorry my bad i ordered august as well, think i did see a red s5 now that you mention it, i was too busy drooling over mine though. a bit worrying though when i went to check it out i sat down in it revved the engine and it would only go to 4000rpm. the dealer said it was only running on 3 cylinders and it would be sorted by the time i get the keys on weds thurs, just wondering if this is a standard audi thing before the keys are handed over?
i think i have read elsewhere on this board that no S5 will rev past 4k RPM with the clutch engaged...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yeh the car doesn't rev much past 4,000rpm unless its ingear and your moving. No idea why this is, the RS4 will let you rev it right the way to the end at stand still.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts