Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S5 came in to San Diego this week almost one month ahead of schedule!

I will be picking it up tomorrow and will post some pictures:)

Its been a 4 month wait, but worth it. My Sales guy confirmed what people have been saying on these forums that Audi AG is selling the S5 in to markets with higher profit markets first, like Europe - a real shame for S5 enthusiasts here in the USA.

Let's hope the $ against the Euro improves.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Congrats! Hope the weather is better for you guys out there so that you can really enjoy it (and get us good pics of course ;))

I'm depressed enough about the dollar, without hearing stuff like this. The dollar, aside from all economic theories, seems to be sliding in proportion to the country's image around the world. Simplistic but true. God I can't wait to get a new administration. Woops..sorry, no sliding into politics!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats SD!

Do send pics after the rain clears.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Car

Thanks Guys!

Unfortunately the weather here in San Diego was very rainy so no pics yet.

I've done about 100 miles on the car so far and the thing that I notice the most is just how stable this car is on all types of road surface -its rock solid at 90mph there is no bobbing, twitching or anthing -- truely amazing suspension.

As for the widely reported light steering, for me its just perfect and very precise indeed.

Ist to 2nd gear take up is a bit tricky due to the anti-stall feature, but I think I will get better with a bit of practice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Beautifull, Have Fun with her.....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
As promissed here is a picture of my new S5- just 73 miles on it.

Misano Red Pearl - takes on a different shade when the sun is out:)
That actually looks real good on the S5, I drove an A5 demo which was in red but it didn't quite suit the colour in my eyes, but that definetly looks the biz.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats on the new car the pearl red looks great.I would have liked this colour but had to settle for brillant red because I grudged spending 4k to customise the paint.:eek:

·
Registered
106 Posts
SDS5 -

Quick question for you... if you don't mind me asking.

Since the Misano Red Pearl is an A5 color option, what did you have to pay to have your S5 done in that paint?

I spoke to a dealer in Mission Viejo who stated the up charge for "semi-custom" is $750. This is because the color is standard within the A5/S5 line and not an entirely different ... truly custom color from their Exclusive Custom line.

Make sense?

GTL

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$2500

:(
SDS5 -

Quick question for you... if you don't mind me asking.

Since the Misano Red Pearl is an A5 color option, what did you have to pay to have your S5 done in that paint?

Hi GTL,

The option was actually $2500 - no getting around that.

This is a no cost option for Audi AG - since it is an A5 colour - they just program the paint booth with that paint code.

I also switched out the aluminium trim for the grey wood trim another $500 - same deal it just came our of the A5 parts bin vs. the S5!!

When I ordered, the sales guy said - oh you will be waiting a long time for the car because its custom! actually the reverse was true. Out of a dozen orders in the batch, AUDI AG picked up mine plus another guy also with no cost options.

The other people that ordered the same time as me are still waiting....since Oct 07

Moral of the story.... AUDI AG will pick up orders which have the highest profit to be made which is especially true since the $ is weak against the Euro.

If you can bear to dish out the extra cash, I would say its worth it. There is no guarantee at this point that this is true, but you might jump the queue:cool:

See if your dealer can find out from Audi AG.

I spoke to a dealer in Mission Viejo who stated the up charge for "semi-custom" is $750. This is because the color is standard within the A5/S5 line and not an entirely different ... truly custom color from their Exclusive Custom line.

Make sense?

GTL

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ouch - when I went into my local UK dealership wanting the A5 in Misano Red they told me the only way I'd get it without additional cost was on an S5.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Damn that looks gorgeous !! Is there much difference between Misano Red and Brilliant Red ? Assume one is metallic pearl but are the shades far apart ??

·
Registered
750 Posts
Beautiful. I am usually not a fan of red, but that looks relly nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Brilliant Red or Misano Red Pearl?

Has anyone had the chance to see the Brilliant Red and Misano Red Pearl side by side?

I now it's asking a lot, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Or at least maybe someone has pics of each to share?

The Audi catalogue appears to show the Brilliant Red as darker than the Misano Red Pearl.

Many Thanks,

GTL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.