Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i picked it up a day early, took the afternoon off and picked it up, all i can say is WOW

Will take some more photos and make my opinions on the engine once i've done a few more miles.

Couldnt be happier!

:D:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow, Rob,

lovely, post more pictures. Im so glad i changed my mind from Grey to P/Black.

Love to see the inside etc. enjoy.... dont expect a reply post for a few hours assuming you out driving. :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Robb that looks beautiful mate, lucky boy !!! ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks lovely!!

Interior pics please! I have gone for black headlining and haven't seen it yet! Gives the car a more sporty feel I think.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looking really good,congrats and enjoy.
I have had my car for 3 months now and the novelty factor is still there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
congrats!!!!!!!!

very nice man, very very nice. im still bubbling about mine every second day and night. some people spoke about rough shifting in first and second gears, i realize now it translates into NO SKILLS or LEMON TRANSMISSION

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congrats Robb. Looks great in black!

And of course your now a member of the elite 1.8 club. :) :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys, done about 60miles tonight, I find traffic in town is super smooth, motorway is just amazing how quiet it is, I really like this engine, so much better than the 2.0tdi. I was suprised how meaty the engine sounds aswell accelerating in second to third. The interior is just fantastic, its such a nice place to be. I've attached some pics of the interior.

Im so happy, cant stop smiling.

Thanks to everyone here for helping make the best decision ever, truely am thrilled so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congratulations Robb!

How jealous am I - still planning to order this weekend but not looking forward to the long wait.Struggling on definite colour choice - quartz grey or black, but your pics may have swayed it for me - looks great!

I follow a black A5 through Rackheath area each morning but thats usually filthy so I'll be looking for a really shiny one on the A11 in the morning - if a stranger flashes you it may just be me. Cheers and enjoy

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D:D:D:D:D

Added some more pics, Im not artist though, just an idiot with an SLR so be nice but i thought these were my best ones.

Congratulations Robb!

How jealous am I - still planning to order this weekend but not looking forward to the long wait.Struggling on definite colour choice - quartz grey or black, but your pics may have swayed it for me - looks great!

I follow a black A5 through Rackheath area each morning but thats usually filthy so I'll be looking for a really shiny one on the A11 in the morning - if a stranger flashes you it may just be me. Cheers and enjoy
I have to say i was also torn between grey and black also, but i am so happy with the phantom black now i have the car, upclose its so nice, its allready very dusty though. I think i will be getting some cleaning gear and waxes very soon. really needs a good wax on it.

Have you heard back from any dealers on a date for a test drive of a tip 3.0tdi?

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts

Added some more pics, Im not artist though, just an idiot with an SLR so be nice but i thought these were my best ones.

I have to say i was also torn between grey and black also, but i am so happy with the phantom black now i have the car, upclose its so nice, its allready very dusty though. I think i will be getting some cleaning gear and waxes very soon. really needs a good wax on it.

Have you heard back from any dealers on a date for a test drive of a tip 3.0tdi?
Congrats Robb! I did the same thing on color choice...initially thought gray/grey but the phantom black is beautiful.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very Nice! Congrats!

Nighttime pics looks great. Well done.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Robb - I know the dust problem well - I currently drive a black 5 series and it seems to be getting worse. The colour issue really is a big thing for me though as I absolutely love black but can often drive 1000 miles in a week so get depressed by Tuesday as all my hard work cleaning at the weekend gets ruined by then - hence my latest dilemma. No 3.0 Tdi Tip drives yet but did drive the A6 with a similar set up to check out the engine/gearbox combination, and also a 2.7 A5 to check out the car so now happy to order If I can convince myself of colour and options. Cheers

OOps - forgot to say - great pics! but stop rubbing it in!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I love the DRLs! I thought they were a bit chavy at first but the more A5s I see with them on, the more I like them:D
Also like the fact that they are a very clear white unlike the B8 A4s where they are distinctly yellow and look crap!

I too was torn between having black or Quartz but the Quartz won as my wife used to have a black Mini and it was just depressing to spend ages cleaning it for it to look dirty in five minutes!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers guys, as you say it is going to be a mission to keep clean, but those 5mins after cleaning it are well worth it :D For me anyway.

Marmin: If i was doing lots of miles then i would probably have gone for the grey aswell as my old silver A4 just looked clean months after cleaning it. What ever you decide on though it will look awesome, i dont think you can go wrong with an A5 in any colour really. Let us know how you get on with your decision.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
well done Robb so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D x

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Nice ride dude!

Is your face aching from all the grinning yet?

...plus... better get used to all the attention the car gets!

:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts