Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gone now, and I'm offically an ex-S5 owner.
Proud to have been one of the very first people to register on this site, almost a year ago, one of the very first people to get thier car (18 August last year) and now probably one of the first to have sold too.
Now I know you're all going to ask, so here's a little FAQ section...
1) Why? I found it too unconfortable
2) What now? Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE.
3) But I thought you said in another post that you were looking at 350Zs & Alfa Breras? Yea, well, but, if, you know, I guess if I maybe,...
3) How much? I paid £46579 for the S5. Retail for an RRS is £47,700 and I had to pay £1750 to change, although my RRS was pre-registered December last year & has 700 miles on it. So I guess the S5 was valued at somthing between £40 -43k
4) How many miles? The S5 had 9500 on it when I said goodbye.
5) Any regrets? Yep. Left the zapper for my electric gates in the S5 and so can't get the new car onto the drive.
6) Wanna stay friends? Hope I can....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Uncomfortable???

Hell of a change.....Uncomfortable??? Please elaborate.......

·
Registered
118 Posts
WOW thats a change,nice choice
like the rrs but isnt the v6 td slowish wouldnt have been better to go for the tdv8 and remap it
that =:) :) :) :) :)
hope it proves reliable,they look great i did consider one but too much depreciation "well thats what contract hire company said" for company car

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Enjoy the RR Chas, they have one of the nicest interiors of any car, almost bought one myself but we ended up with a new X5 to keep the S5 company. You'll miss the performance from time to time but what the hell, its a good choice. What dealer did you go to ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
You are the first member of the s5 ex-owners club.
Good luck with the new car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's funny, I am doing the opposite move....going from a RRS Supercharged to an S5. The RRS is a great car and fun to drive for a big SUV...enjoy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The comfort thing:-
Drivers of Right Hand drive S5's will know that there's a big pedal offset. The Clutch pedal is in line with the centre of the stering wheel, the brake pedal is where the throttle should be, and the throttle pedal is way over to the right.
Unfortunately I have short legs, and so to reach the throttle pedal my right leg had to be at a more acute angle than most. This meant my right thigh was always going up and over the deep side bolsters of the car's sport seats -result = discomfort.
I'm sure taller drivers won't have the same problem, but I found it annoyingly uncomfortable after about 5-mins. I looked at getting the seat modded, but couldn't get a colour match to the Magma red leather, and simply couldn't come to terms with using a cushion. A man simply must have some dignity, and so seeing as I spend around 45-mins each way on my daily commute it had to go.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry forgot to answer the other questions:
Had to go to Sheffield (which is about 120-miles form my home town) to get the deal on the RRS, and CHUNKSTAR I'm afraid couldn't afford the V8 without going to a two year old 30,000 mile version, which means I'm going to have to get used to the more sedantry pace of life with a two tonne V6 deisel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The comfort thing:-
Drivers of Right Hand drive S5's will know that there's a big pedal offset. The Clutch pedal is in line with the centre of the stering wheel, the brake pedal is where the throttle should be, and the throttle pedal is way over to the right.
Unfortunately I have short legs, and so to reach the throttle pedal my right leg had to be at a more acute angle than most. This meant my right thigh was always going up and over the deep side bolsters of the car's sport seats -result = discomfort.
I'm sure taller drivers won't have the same problem, but I found it annoyingly uncomfortable after about 5-mins. I looked at getting the seat modded, but couldn't get a colour match to the Magma red leather, and simply couldn't come to terms with using a cushion. A man simply must have some dignity, and so seeing as I spend around 45-mins each way on my daily commute it had to go.
I had this problem when driving a Mazda RX-8 (left hand-side). The pedals were all the way to the left.. it felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I guess they had to make more room for the drivetrain or transmission.. Anyways this is exactly why you should never buy without test driving first, as I stated in the Buying Blind thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.