Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

It's funny how an alteration due to an altercation could change your whole out look

5K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  JonB 
Wow... don't take this the wrong way but... wow... you guys are crazy!

I feel terrible about the incident, and I am not one to "live with" scars in any car (they get fixed ASAP no matter the cost), but to that outlook on life is just so... unrealistic! It is a CAR. Things happen. Crazy people on the roads, own mistakes... things happen no matter how careful you are. Get them taken care of in a quality shop and chalk it up to experience. Sure, if you can afford a new car after every incident go ahead, but longer lasting happiness might suggest an alternate course of action.

I know one can not help their feelings, but I seriously suggest - for your own peace of mind and a more happier life in the long run - trying to take care of this and hopefully find that happiness with the car again when it is fixed. Who knows how you'll feel once it is fixed? Maybe you'll feel fine? So what if you get a hypothetical RS5 and someone at a parking lot scratches it in the first week? You may get lucky, but chances are you won't.

I still get mad about every incident, but once I get them fixed I have learned to forget about them. Get them fixed in a quality shop.

I'm not one to be indifferent, and I don't suggest not getting it fixed properly (like I guess some might see things, especially in some countries cars are really beaten)... but... at least try a more, well, reasonable approach. Try to see how you'll feel before jumping to too many conclusions.

For your own good in the long run. Unless you have your own race track to drive the car in and you don't have to drive on public roads... things will happen, it is likely to happen to any car that is driven daily.
I couldn't have put it better (in fact, I was composing largely the same post in my head). Jon B, you need to get a grip. I obsess about my car too, but having priorities that are this distorted is absurd.

Perhaps you could sue the chick for extreme emotional distress, or charge her with assault. OR, have the feds charge her with terrorism by car! Someone must pay for your horrible, horrible, traumatic assault.

... I can't help how I feel. Thats like telling a bipolar person to stop being bipolar.
No, dude, it is not. Someone who is clinically bi-polar has a diagnosed mental illness. You're just being a big baby.

I like the sarcasm you are portraying in your post. As I said I understand I'm being irrational and ridiculous, but at the same time I ended off the original post by stating I will most likely not get a new car. I wish I could be more reasonable, but this is me. I took care of this thing like I nothing I have before. Anyway I am taking everyones posts into consideration and am trying to ease myself into a resolution (most likely Euro Headlights as stated above).
Okay...</end sarcasm> Good. I appreciate that you can look at this rationally/self-critically. I fully support self-medicating with E-codes.

As I said, I am obsessed with my cars too, but I realized long ago that it would drive me crazy if I expected to keep them in museum condition.

To each his own, if you believe I'm being a "big baby" fine, its your opinion, but majority of posts and people I've spoken to agree with how I feel.
Since you posted above with a bit more self-criticism, I back-off my "big baby" stance. I realize that others agreed with you; my comments would apply to them as well, assuming they feel so bad that they characterize it this way:

"This car was a very big part of my life in the last two months, and I feel she stripped it all away from me.
"This may sound crazy, but I feel disgusted with the car."
"The only thing that could change my outlook on this now is to replace the car, but with what.
"

Again, given your a sense of self-criticism about this I back-off the "baby" thing, but the above points blow this issue WAY out of proportion. I'm not trying to slam you in this last post, just emphasizing what stood out to me.

Yes I am well over it believe me, and I'm not bipolar haha. Thank you for the positive comments though guys. Just spoke to repair shop and it will be all done Friday! I can't wait to get her back as I miss her horribly. I also do realize how miniscule my prolem is compared to what is going on around the world, just because I was thinking irrationally at the time of writing this doesn't make me heartless. I'll post pictures up of the car on Wednesday along side my girlfriends 535xi. I'm going to spend the day detailing both of them haha. Thanks again fella's!
Dude! I must say that I'm impressed with how graciously you've handled all the sh!t we've given you. Props to you, and I'm glad to hear you're getting your car fixed. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.