Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I would react the exact same. I've said it before. One bit of damage and it puts me off the car entirely. Even if it's fully repaired, it still feels like it's damaged goods.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm with you. If she can't drive properly, she shouldn't be behind the wheel. It's a horrible feeling when something like this happens so unnecessarily to something that you have striven to achieve and waited patiently for. Have the cow assassinated, then sue her parents!

...I would have killed the bitch on the spot

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sorry that your car is damaged, and I can understand how you feel. Although it has been a while since I can get so upset about things. The only way I know to keep a car new looking is not to drive it, but that doesn't fit with why I bought the car. So, if I drive it, it will get scratched no matter how careful I am; someone will bang a door into it in a parking lot. I will still be unhappy the first time it happens, but underneath it will still be as handsome as I used to be before the wrinkles, receding hairline, and little paunch showed up. As someone once said, beauty is only skin deep. Hard to feel that way all the time. Find a good shop and pay the price for quality work and you will be happier with the finished product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know how you feel. I've had my car 2 months. Got rear ended this morning into the car in front. I now have front and rear damage. :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know how you feel. I've had my car 2 months. Got rear ended this morning into the car in front. I now have front and rear damage. :(

Oh man I'm sorry bro. Push to have it totaled as new problems may arise due to it's current state and get a new one. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wow... don't take this the wrong way but... wow... you guys are crazy!

I feel terrible about the incident, and I am not one to "live with" scars in any car (they get fixed ASAP no matter the cost), but to that outlook on life is just so... unrealistic! It is a CAR. Things happen. Crazy people on the roads, own mistakes... things happen no matter how careful you are. Get them taken care of in a quality shop and chalk it up to experience. Sure, if you can afford a new car after every incident go ahead, but longer lasting happiness might suggest an alternate course of action.

I know one can not help their feelings, but I seriously suggest - for your own peace of mind and a more happier life in the long run - trying to take care of this and hopefully find that happiness with the car again when it is fixed. Who knows how you'll feel once it is fixed? Maybe you'll feel fine? So what if you get a hypothetical RS5 and someone at a parking lot scratches it in the first week? You may get lucky, but chances are you won't.

I still get mad about every incident, but once I get them fixed I have learned to forget about them. Get them fixed in a quality shop.

I'm not one to be indifferent, and I don't suggest not getting it fixed properly (like I guess some might see things, especially in some countries cars are really beaten)... but... at least try a more, well, reasonable approach. Try to see how you'll feel before jumping to too many conclusions.

For your own good in the long run. Unless you have your own race track to drive the car in and you don't have to drive on public roads... things will happen, it is likely to happen to any car that is driven daily.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Oh man I'm sorry bro. Push to have it totaled as new problems may arise due to it's current state and get a new one. Best of luck to you.
...I mean come on! :) Haven't you guys ever had a bumper swapped?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

I feel terrible about the incident, and I am not one to "live with" scars in any car (they get fixed ASAP no matter the cost), but to that outlook on life is just so... unrealistic! It is a CAR. Things happen. Crazy people on the roads, own mistakes... things happen no matter how careful you are. Get them taken care of in a quality shop and chalk it up to experience. Sure, if you can afford a new car after every incident go ahead, but longer lasting happiness might suggest an alternate course of action.

I know one can not help their feelings, but I seriously suggest - for your own peace of mind and a more happier life in the long run - trying to take care of this and hopefully find that happiness with the car again when it is fixed. Who knows how you'll feel once it is fixed? Maybe you'll feel fine? So what if you get a hypothetical RS5 and someone at a parking lot scratches it in the first week? You may get lucky, but chances are you won't.

I still get mad about every incident, but once I get them fixed I have learned to forget about them. Get them fixed in a quality shop.

I'm not one to be indifferent, and I don't suggest not getting it fixed properly (like I guess some might see things, especially in some countries cars are really beaten)... but... at least try a more, well, reasonable approach. Try to see how you'll feel before jumping to too many conclusions.

For your own good in the long run. Unless you have your own race track to drive the car in and you don't have to drive on public roads... things will happen, it is likely to happen to any car that is driven daily.
See I wish I could be like you. As you are right incidences are bound to happen I can't help how I feel. Thats like telling a bipolar person to stop being bipolar. Before last night the car was "perfect" and now it no longer is. I'm thinking European headlights might be a good fix to my anxiety, but there is still the matter of the bumper and fender needing to be removed that is eating me up inside.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts

I couldn't have put it better (in fact, I was composing largely the same post in my head). Jon B, you need to get a grip. I obsess about my car too, but having priorities that are this distorted is absurd.

Perhaps you could sue the chick for extreme emotional distress, or charge her with assault. OR, have the feds charge her with terrorism by car! Someone must pay for your horrible, horrible, traumatic assault.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
... I can't help how I feel. Thats like telling a bipolar person to stop being bipolar.
No, dude, it is not. Someone who is clinically bi-polar has a diagnosed mental illness. You're just being a big baby.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I couldn't have put it better (in fact, I was composing largely the same post in my head). Jon B, you need to get a grip. I obsess about my car too, but having priorities that are this distorted is absurd.

Perhaps you could sue the chick for extreme emotional distress, or charge her with assault. OR, have the feds charge her with terrorism by car! Someone must pay for your horrible, horrible, traumatic assault.
I like the sarcasm you are portraying in your post. As I said I understand I'm being irrational and ridiculous, but at the same time I ended off the original post by stating I will most likely not get a new car. I wish I could be more reasonable, but this is me. I took care of this thing like I nothing I have before. Anyway I am taking everyones posts into consideration and am trying to ease myself into a resolution (most likely Euro Headlights as stated above).

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, dude, it is not. Someone who is clinically bi-polar has a diagnosed mental illness. You're just being a big baby.
To each his own, if you believe I'm being a "big baby" fine, its your opinion, but majority of posts and people I've spoken to agree with how I feel.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I like the sarcasm you are portraying in your post. As I said I understand I'm being irrational and ridiculous, but at the same time I ended off the original post by stating I will most likely not get a new car. I wish I could be more reasonable, but this is me. I took care of this thing like I nothing I have before. Anyway I am taking everyones posts into consideration and am trying to ease myself into a resolution (most likely Euro Headlights as stated above).
Okay...</end sarcasm> Good. I appreciate that you can look at this rationally/self-critically. I fully support self-medicating with E-codes.

As I said, I am obsessed with my cars too, but I realized long ago that it would drive me crazy if I expected to keep them in museum condition.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay...</end sarcasm> Good. I appreciate that you can look at this rationally/self-critically. I fully support self-medicating with E-codes.

As I said, I am obsessed with my cars too, but I realized long ago that it would drive me crazy if I expected to keep them in museum condition.
Ha I realized also a long time ago that I can't keep a car perfect. With my last STi I put so many dents and dings from Rallying and just being careless with the thing it wasn't funny. Plus every rim had curb rash on it. I guess this is why I am taking this so drastically because I went from one extreme to another. (Ratty beat up Subaru to beautiful German Audi) So to let you understand my perspective better, its just a blow to the pride I took in my car. I've never had a car as nice as this and I just wanted to keep it as perfect as "possible". I appreciate your blunt approach to the situation as it did open up my eyes a bit, but I just hope I also educated you on my feelings and why I do in fact feel this way.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
To each his own, if you believe I'm being a "big baby" fine, its your opinion, but majority of posts and people I've spoken to agree with how I feel.
Since you posted above with a bit more self-criticism, I back-off my "big baby" stance. I realize that others agreed with you; my comments would apply to them as well, assuming they feel so bad that they characterize it this way:

"This car was a very big part of my life in the last two months, and I feel she stripped it all away from me.
"This may sound crazy, but I feel disgusted with the car."
"The only thing that could change my outlook on this now is to replace the car, but with what.
"

Again, given your a sense of self-criticism about this I back-off the "baby" thing, but the above points blow this issue WAY out of proportion. I'm not trying to slam you in this last post, just emphasizing what stood out to me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since you posted above with a bit more self-criticism, I back-off my "big baby" stance. I realize that others agreed with you; my comments would apply to them as well, assuming they feel so bad that they characterize it this way:

"This car was a very big part of my life in the last two months, and I feel she stripped it all away from me.
"This may sound crazy, but I feel disgusted with the car."
"The only thing that could change my outlook on this now is to replace the car, but with what.
"

Again, given your a sense of self-criticism about this I back-off the "baby" thing, but the above points blow this issue WAY out of proportion. I'm not trying to slam you in this last post, just emphasizing what stood out to me.
As I do have a better understanding on the situation NOW as opposed to earlier I am starting to think a little more rationally. Keep in mind I wrote this thread when I was still pretty flustered about my current situation (not thinking rationally). I still feel the same way as some of the above quotes, but the feelings have subsided substantially. I don't know, you seem to be making me realize the errors in my ways and I admire your efforts. With no sarcasm intended I really wish I could assess a situation the way you are capable of doing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.