Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good news - Got a call from Southampton Audi this afternoon (after a "gentle" prod ;) ) and it's in the country now, over a month early :D

..the bad news - I have to wait until 14th March for delivery :( (Company politics). Still... a month early is good going, considering the delays with diesel orders over the last few months!

On another note, does anyone know how much the iPod AMI cable is these days?

Cheers,
Paul.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great news on delivery. I hopefully get mine within a week of yours. i-pod cable was quoted to me at £35 by the dealer. They're apparentluy on back order (too!) so I'd get yours placed soonest. I ordered mine same time as I ordered the car, don't expect to have to pay the £35 though!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news on delivery. I hopefully get mine within a week of yours. i-pod cable was quoted to me at £35 by the dealer. They're apparentluy on back order (too!) so I'd get yours placed soonest. I ordered mine same time as I ordered the car, don't expect to have to pay the £35 though!!
Cheers mate - The dealer has arranged to put the cable in the car before it's loaded onto the transporter. I just have to provide the cheque at the other end (no chance of it being a freebie I'm afraid - company motor and the dealer already gives them a ridiculous discount, so they're not obliged to give us anything further :eek: )

Hope yours pitches up on time too!

·
Registered
82 Posts
..the bad news - I have to wait until 14th March for delivery :( (Company politics).
Just in case it might give you an argument to help you with that problem, remember 12 March is UK Budget day. One might argue that it made sense to take delivery before then just in case the thieving barstewards in Governemnt do anything unpleasant to car taxation for registrations w.e.f. Budget day.

[Edit] I see from the thread currently below that i'm repeating myself. Sorry. Sometimes I just can't contain the accountant in me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
[Edit] I see from the thread currently below that i'm repeating myself. Sorry. Sometimes I just can't contain the accountant in me.
Hehe :D

The restriction exists because the lease on my current car expires on 14th March, and the powers that be will cut off both my feet and feed them to me if I try to circumvent that date :confused: ..Conversely, our company cars that are due to be delivered after 15th March get deferred to 6th April (to allow the corporate lies to be composed and submitted to HMRC.. :D ) Friday 14th is therefore a very important date in my calendar :) ..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent. When did you order? Does this mean there are no longer delays on the 2.7 TDi ?
The end of November - I can only assume that the delays have now been resolved :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine was ordered on 5th November and was due at the dealer's last Friday, but may have arrived in the country today. Not too sure - something about transporter sheets needing to be faxed!! It's a mystery to me how it works.

Much easier when you order a Dell computer - instant online tracking whilst it's being made, then when it's completed you switch to the Walsh Western site to watch it being delivered to the UK from Ireland, then over to a local delivery agent's site.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool. I ordered late December - sounds like it's going to be worth be chasing the lease company :)
Yeah, I'd give 'em a kick if I were you; it can't be far behind mine if you ordered in December. I think the delay was down to a shortage of the 2.7 powerplant, (I don't think Audi envisaged the level of demand it would generate).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine was ordered on 5th November and was due at the dealer's last Friday, but may have arrived in the country today. Not too sure - something about transporter sheets needing to be faxed!! It's a mystery to me how it works.
Aye - I know how frustrating such a long wait can be - still, at least you'll get it on an '08 plate now ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.