Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after reading all about it on here I am defo ordering an A5. I still can't believe that the company has it on its books as a possible, so I will order before they notice.

The black looks awesum, just need to decide on a colour for the leather. I do get to choose a few extra (but I have to pay for them), so is the lighting pack really any good? The iPod connector is a must so that will be ordered. The standard alloys on the Sport look OK I guess, would love bigger but ££ is not forthcoming on those.

The 2.0T 180 seems to review quite well, so here goes

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you can, choose S-Line, also talking about leather, I would go for black.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't like black leather really. I am going for the black car and brown(ish) leather. Just been to the local dealer. Told me that 5% disocount is the maximum (my arse) and that it would be March before an order could be placed on Audi. Do they know of this thing called the "credit crunch"!! I cant buy from them anyways, I have to use a Inchcapr Company, although there are non locally to me. I just gotta see what goodies I can afford, looks like iPod interface and the 19" alloys is all I am gonna go for on the SPORT model.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order!

I reckon if you haggle a bit you'll get a good discount on the car. I've heard there's some good deals going on at audi centres right now due to the slum in sales... it's the same with most car dealerships at the moment, really.

P.S, could you update your profile to match your location, please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoke to a dealer in Bolton today and he basically told me that no discount would be offered as they can sell as many A5's as they can get! As its a lease car I need to be careful as to what I spec, cause I pay for the extras myself.

Any know of any sales staff at a Audi Inchcape dealers? I want to try and get a deal

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome to the site mate! :)

Good choice on car there too.

If they aren't prepared to go below 5% I would go somewhere else. I got nearly 10% off mine all in

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Dont forget the DRL's are not standard on the standard and sport now, the Sline is so worth it now. Sline has Xenon with DRL's standard with all engines now and looks 10x better.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Craig.... I'm another leaser... from Audi though, I would of thought Inchcape would do a good deal on a new vechile at the moment... New Audi's are being well subsidised at the moment to keep the new cars rolling in !!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Inchcape are in serious financial trouble right now and I would expect them to be giving big discounts to get some metal moved. I got 8% in may and 10% is achievable now.

Tell the dealer what price you want the car for and walk away. It might take them a week but they will call you back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Inchcape are in serious financial trouble right now and I would expect them to be giving big discounts to get some metal moved. I got 8% in may and 10% is achievable now.

Tell the dealer what price you want the car for and walk away. It might take them a week but they will call you back.
Not quite that simple for me I am afraid. I work for a large group and we all have to take the deal that is offered, that is FULL LIST + 10.9% APR, full price on extras aswell. :)

Its the company standard, Inchcape will make a mint off the car, we all know it but it is the company standard, I take it or leave the company. The up on it al is that I get an Audi A5, the downside is that I pay a lot for extras and upgrades. I have spoken to the dealers and they have all said "boll*x" basiclaly to me doing a deal with them, they know the lease company will screw them over aswell.

i am still having one, but not as many extras as I wanted, i.e. 19" Y alloys and lighting pack and the cruise control, its just met paint (black or grey?) and the iPod connector. It is still a rare car on the roads so I am happy

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
19in Y's look great, as does Phantom Black but I am biased.

10% should be achievable, I agree with Booster.

RG

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was in the same boat with it being a company car on lease. The car I am getting (on Thursday :)) is a 2.0 (211) Sport. My company failed to realise that my car was on a 2 year lease, so I only had a limited time to get one sourced, hence I only have 19" Y spokes and met paint. Because I thought that I did not stand much chance of getting an A5 within the timescale, I also re-looked at BMW's which worked out to be a lot more expensive in similar performance/trim. Lucky for me the guys at the leasing company came up trumps and found me 'nearly' the car I wanted!

I live a few junctions up the M61 from you BDB, so look out for me grinning!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Well done on the order. Nice to see the Sport model is becoming more exclusive!!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Rumour has it that the Sport Model Residual values will be significantly higher than S Line due to their 'exclusivity'

RG (AKA Rumour starter)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The choice gets harder each week, S-Line, Tdi versions...when will the madness stop :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts