Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Interested in a road trip to the Isle of Man in Spring?

• Yes please, count me in!

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No thanks (but show me the pics!)

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Taking Ianhp1's suggestion as step further towards fruition, who would be up for a couple of days' driving around the Isle of Man?

We'll think about details and post but I envisage it would be out on a ferry on a Friday evening/Saturday morning and back Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Likely to be around April time, aiming for a time when the weather's picked-up yet the roads aren't too busy.

Primarily aiming to form an S5 contingent, but if any A5 owners think they could keep up.....;-)

Interested?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'd be interested, depending on dates :)

Have to bond with my new S and A owning buddies real time, and no better way than a drive and a good pish-up :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ust arrived in edinburgh and my vote is yes please!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Taking Ianhp1's suggestion as step further towards fruition, who would be up for a couple of days' driving around the Isle of Man?

We'll think about details and post but I envisage it would be out on a ferry on a Friday evening/Saturday morning and back Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Likely to be around April time, aiming for a time when the weather's picked-up yet the roads aren't too busy.

Primarily aiming to form an S5 contingent, but if any A5 owners think they could keep up.....;-)

Interested?
Get the feeling A5 owners are being pushed out .........kindly look top left

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not at all Norman - simply a case of the initiative stemming from an S5 owner who's recently had his car tweaked and sharpened and is, like me, up for creating a driving challenge where we can fully appreciate the car on testing roads!

Top left I see 'A5 and S5 owners club' - one club, two model streams. Topics and activities are bound to diverge sometimes!

Feel free to take similar inititive to Ian and arrange a similar A5 day - including or excluding S5 drivers as the mood takes you!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

Interested?
Don't think the S5s would really pull away from the 3.0 TDIs anyway, not unless we were going 100mph and beyond.

I'd be up for it depending on the time of year as my schedule is very volatile and I can never be 100% thus the reason for me being in London one day and back in Scotland the next.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
'tis a bit far for me I reckon. Plus, i'm already over and above my 1/2 year leased mileage :(

Need to start using the other car more often.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Don't think the S5s would really pull away from the 3.0 TDIs anyway, not unless we were going 100mph and beyond.

I'd be up for it depending on the time of year as my schedule is very volatile and I can never be 100% thus the reason for me being in London one day and back in Scotland the next.
'
Oh dear boys! I wonder who can pee higher!! ;) I think you'll have to go to santa pod or the M6 toll road to sort this one out!

...for me S5=A5 it's the same car... all welcome on the Isle of Man trip. :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think it should be A5 and S5. It should be a forum member thing and not specific model.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don't think there's a pissing competition going on, just a bit of banter. In any case, the IOM is not the place. For those who haven't been there before, the myths about ball-out driving are just that - a myth! Most of the island has strictly enforced speed limits. It's just the mountain section that's de-restricted. But it's a public country road with 2-way traffic and people going about their normal business. If the road is quiet and the weather is good, there's a good opportunity to drive at speeds in excess of what you'd get away with in the UK. It's interesting and quite challenging but you still have to be very very careful. Knowledge of this particular road counts far more than horsepower advantage. There's a circuit called Jurby that can be hired. Basically it's an old airfield and not as interesting as the mountain section. IMO the S5 would wipe the A5 at Jurby. Worth considering??

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
'
Oh dear boys! I wonder who can pee higher!! ;) I think you'll have to go to santa pod or the M6 toll road to sort this one out!

...for me S5=A5 it's the same car... all welcome on the Isle of Man trip. :)
I was just pointing out there isn't much of a difference in performance between the two cars unless your driving at really high speeds, just a bit of banter nothing more.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i would prob wip out at 110 +.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would like to come pls:eek: :eek:
i dont have s5 yet but its being built week 12 so i hope your going well after that??????????????????
thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts