Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i picked up my car on Wednesday and must say it is fantastic.

What i would like to know though is does your car seem to attract others to park close by even though there are plenty of parking spaces?

I went to a couple of car parks recently and parked up away from other cars as it was quiet and when i came back there were cars parked all around it even though there were lots of empty spaces around.

It was nice when i went to fill up with fuel today and a guy walked past admiring the car and said how good it looked and how much he liked the wheels (standard sport wheels).

Then the local butcher walked pask and made a comment about returning his car etc and how good it looked.

Steve

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
stevieboy welcome :D enjoy :p and take mucho enjoyment when the bmw guy looks over and thinks shit his car so much nicer than mine smile to yourself and go yes this is a great feeling ;)

on a lighter note yes, i was at a retail park in edinburgh waiting for my gran to come out i parked away from all the other cars, this guy rocks up in a aston vantage and has to park right next to mine not a couple of spaces away but right next to it, hence to say he was still checking out my car as he walked away :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it was the car he was checking out and not you? Possibly it was both at the same time.

I wouldn't mind so much but the BMW didn't leave much room for getting in either (maybe some jealousy ;) )

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
are you wanting to join the other guys in the old smoothly group......

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i feel like a 101 :( im off work sick in bed this completely sucks and i never thought i would ever say it but god i wish i was at work.... spent like so much on internet shopping as well :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dare i ask what you have been spending your money on? I spent a load on clothes today.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care and if you feel like a chat on msn let me know as i am working at home today (as you can tell)

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
No i wouldnt ask me either lol you dont wanna know lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Never had so much interest in a car even when I had my TT. Every rep and his dog drives a BMW. The A5 is a class act IMHO

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Ok i picked up my car on Wednesday and must say it is fantastic.

What i would like to know though is does your car seem to attract others to park close by even though there are plenty of parking spaces?

I went to a couple of car parks recently and parked up away from other cars as it was quiet and when i came back there were cars parked all around it even though there were lots of empty spaces around.

It was nice when i went to fill up with fuel today and a guy walked past admiring the car and said how good it looked and how much he liked the wheels (standard sport wheels).

Then the local butcher walked pask and made a comment about returning his car etc and how good it looked.

Steve
Without a doubt, its the ultimate magnet...ppeople point, stare, walk in to things when they see it. Makes owning it that much more appealing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can't believe the attention for a £30k+ car!

Caught 3 people taking picture of it with their phones! Whats' that all about?

Also Jen a women in nice car does something to us men..... grrrr meow grrrr

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
what even burds that are mingers lol.... hehehehe :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ewwww who mentioned Mingers!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Returning to the original topic, yes, i have had people stare especially at filling stations when the car is clean, people get phone cameras out and in car parks i can park 30/20 metres+ away from others at the far end of the car park, for fear of careless doors thrown open, only to find cars parked next to mine, with plenty of spaces elsewhere. Even worse, i have a theory that some of the people parking miles from the others are bad drivers who are worried about parking; as i was sitting in my car waiting for the family to return from shopping i noticed 2 cars heading for the remote part of the car park which jumped curbs and seemed to be unaware of direction arrows etc (and es sometimes i do go down the "wrong" way to get to a space, but these people seems to be driving with only a remote connection between them and the steering wheel....:eek:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i still think about the streets in queensferry when we cruised through all 5 in a row it was a fab feeling....... :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I want my car so bad!
Hi Robb. Me too. I have a May allocation but still no build date.
As for the magnet, I mentioned the new car to my God-daughter yesterday and her response was that I had better watch out as the car is soooo sexy all the top totty will be chasing me. (I think not!! at 54 and baldy!!!):confused: :D . Do not think my wife was too impressed:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts