Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was thinking about trading in my 06 acura TL for the A5 or S5. i read in this forum that people are still waiting for their A5/S5 to be built. i checked couple of local houston audi dealerships and there are about 8-10 A5 and 3-4 S5. are they on the lot because people ordered them and didn't follow through with the deal? i feel i should go for the S5 for the power since A5 only has few hp over the TL. does A5 feel fast? what are your experience with the reliablity? my TL has 61k miles the only problem i ever had was passenger window doesn't auto roll up properly. other than that reliability was top notch. i thought about 335i as well but audi is so much sexier looking. will there be any room to negotiate on the price or do everyone pay msrp? with the recession i'm surprised demand is still high. any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
It's not as long as it use to be, wait times have come down by as much as 50% everywhere from what i've been following on the forum.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm not sure where you are from, but in the states a few dealers have had A/S/5's on their lots for a while now, so you might be able to go to a dealer and pick one up. If you are like me though, the search will be tough because I wanted specific things and ended up having to order mine, which only took 5 months (short compared to some folks here).

My A5 is definitley more than adequate speed wise. I can't really say it is super fast because I also have a 400hp GTO and until about 2 weeks ago, a 811rwhp Cobra, but I have no issues passing vehicles that need to be passed, and the occasional spirited stop light sprint.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I gather from your post you are in the Houston area. (Update your Profile with your location)
If you are in Houston, I lived there before moving to DC and used Don McGill Audi out on the Katy Frwy. (I 10 W) They were very good to work with and great after the sale.

I would stay as far away from Momentum Audi :thumbsdown: as possible. They are S#$% in my book. PM me and I will give you details.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ask the dealer how long the wait is. I was told 2 months to port from date order accepted. I had to wait an additional two weeks for the allocation window to open so the order could be placed and confirmed. I suspect it will take another two weeks to deliver and prep so in my mind I have always figured 3 months. I looked at a lot of other cars and even considered another Lexus but in the end I went for the Audi. One great looking car in either A5 or S5 trim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my S5 in November of 2007 and it arrived in August of 2008 as a 2009 model. My friend ordered an identical S5 on 1 October 2008 and the earliest he will see it is June 2009, not yet confirmed. Apparently it's easier to get an automatic, but who wants that when this is the easiest manual ever built, and who minds the wait when this is the most fun, most under-the-radar beautiful car (and practical, too--remember those seats fold down, just like a station wagon, as I have justified it) ever built: oops, out of Ritz crackers, I need to drive 30 miles to that supermarket where I know they'll be fresh.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I ordered my S5 in November of 2007 and it arrived in August of 2008 as a 2009 model. My friend ordered an identical S5 on 1 October 2008 and the earliest he will see it is June 2009, not yet confirmed. Apparently it's easier to get an automatic, but who wants that when this is the easiest manual ever built, and who minds the wait when this is the most fun, most under-the-radar beautiful car (and practical, too--remember those seats fold down, just like a station wagon, as I have justified it) ever built: oops, out of Ritz crackers, I need to drive 30 miles to that supermarket where I know they'll be fresh.
I think that your friend may be in for a pleasant surprise. I have been told now by two Audi dealers in the UK that the wait time from order to delivery is now down to eight weeks. Although it may take longer for the S5, I don't think that it will be as long as eight months. I would speak to the dealer again if I were him.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered at the end of October 2008 and not expecting to see my S5 until mid-to-late April 2009.

It's worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts