Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm still trying to determine if I want the A5 or S5...
By the time you've added this on to the A5 it would cost more or less the same as an S5. You would be better off getting the S5 and it would have far more grunt. Trust me I used to have an R32 and the S5 is something else.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
By the time you've added this on to the A5 it would cost more or less the same as an S5. You would be better off getting the S5 and it would have far more grunt. Trust me I used to have an R32 and the S5 is something else.
Totally agree. Would be a waste of money when you take into consideration the parts cost, and of course the labour.

Maybe on Used cars it's an idea, becuase there might be a decent gap between the car values in a few years time (3.2 vs S5). But brand (or nearly) new, I don't think there's any way to justify the costs of it.

Plus, you can kiss your engine warranty goodbye.

Why not consider an A5 3.0TDI, and have it remapped? You could be looking at a 0-62mph time of 5.1-5.2secs, power output of around 290BHP, and a good increase in torque.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be all over a TDI

If I could get it in the US. :)

I'm in a situation where I can either get the A5 now (February), or wait a year and get the S5. The A5 is $7k cheaper and if I can add on a supercharger in a year or two for $2000, that helps me decide to do the A5. If the supercharger will cost $10,000, that's a different story!

Honestly, I'm a fairly impatient person and will probably buy the A5 in any case, but for the next 3 months of waiting, my brain will be going through these things....

jd

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wish I could get the TDI in the US :)

Rab is right about the price difference in a few years... which is makin me strongly consider the S5 for the extra buck now because it will keep it's price later on. hmmm

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Ah, sorry. I didn't realise where you were from.

On that note, could you please update your profile with your country, jd_cincy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts