1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drive my dads a6 it’s a 2010 it’s a 3.2 and it’s pretty fast do they compare in any way or similar by drive quality

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
No, they're very different engines. Large NA vs small turbo. They'll behave very differently. The 2.0 petrol can be fast if tuned, but from factory generally just sits in the "quick" camp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what tuning company would you recommend I was thinking about integrated engineering

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you’re buying a car for speed I wouldn’t get an audi a5. You get alot of luxury with an A5 but that comes at the cost of weight... most A5’s weighing 2 tonne or more is going to slow you down. But with the right maps/tyres ect it can pull

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't know why folks are differentiating between "fast" vs "quick", when it's a pure measurement....
My 3 Saabs all went from 0-60 mph in 7.0 seconds, so my '18 A5, at 5.7 seconds, is delightfully fast, to me.
The fact that I get 27 mpg in the city, and 35 mpg highway, with just enough low-rider-smokin' speed, is just icing on the cake.

Then, thinking back on my 600cc Yamaha motorcycle, 0-60 in 3.4 s and 50 mpg.... ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't know why folks are differentiating between "fast" vs "quick", when it's a pure measurement....
My 3 Saabs all went from 0-60 mph in 7.0 seconds, so my '18 A5, at 5.7 seconds, is delightfully fast, to me.
The fact that I get 27 mpg in the city, and 35 mpg highway, with just enough low-rider-smokin' speed, is just icing on the cake.

Then, thinking back on my 600cc Yamaha motorcycle, 0-60 in 3.4 s and 50 mpg.... ;)
Imagine your Saabs felt quicker all that torque steer.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's a bit of an open ended question really. What feels fast to someone might feel slow to someone else.
It depends what you're used to and what you're moving from. When I bought my A4 2.0tfsi that was mapped it felt ridiculously fast to me and that was moving up from a 170bhp 2.3 5 cylinder golf which also felt fast when I first bought it. The 2.0 tfsi is not slow by any means, especially with a remap.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Depends what youre comparing it to and what youre currently driving.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Hehe fast is always a relative term. I love motorbikes and they are VERY fast cos the power to weight ratio works in their favour. My MT10 has a detuned R1 engine with 160 horse and the bike weighs about 180kgs dry, 230 wet. Acceleration is truly shit off a shovel. You cannot compare with a car cos a Ferrari would need 1500 horses ish to have similar off the mark sprinting.

Reactions: Critical_mass

·
Registered
90 Posts
Exactly it's relative

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just moved from a 2013 S5 with stage 2 tunes to the ecu and transmission and full AWE exhaust. I was putting out about 450hp and could hit 0-60 in 4.0 sec. THAT was fast and quick! :p
I now have a 2018 A5. Definitely NOT fast or quick... to me. But I don't care that much. I'll put a stage 1 tune on it and that'll make it much better as far as speed is concerned.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you do get one. Get the dynamic mode unlocked thru obd, the car will feel more responsive and sporty. Stage 2 tune as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts