Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was about to do service on my a5's last friday but got to cancel it after audi decided not to let me have loan car due service on my own... I arrived on site, all ok, papers done keys given , keys taken and go, ok, due windows was frozen on this loan a5 1,8 so I decided give it a minute and go.. then supprise, same lady running off dealers main door .. oppening my door and nerves asking for keys .... ok . She took keys and runned away ... Imagine my face so I was thinking there's something terribly wrong with loan car or what ... ? after sitting nearly 30 min in their costumer service point I have been explained that they cant issue me a car due service on my own because I got offences on my licence making me to risky to loan me a car ..... I thought when someone telling me that loan car will be provided it mean will be provided, so now do I have got licence clean to get it? I didnt find anything about that in service docummentation ....?

not happy customer Walton Audi

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What driving offenses or how many points do you have if you dont mind me asking? Either way its kind of ridiculous that you purchase a car through them and wont even give you a loan car, are there any other Audi dealers around that you can use? Also were you using your own insurance or Audi's?

Do you know if they are going to wipe your APS remap off that you just got fitted? How is that by the way? Maybe you should get APS to service the car. Might be able to blag Ed's modded 30 edition car if they still have it.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think this is fairly normal. You should have had to sign a disclaimer form and presented licence, it's a bit off to give you then confiscate keys from you.

Many dealers will allow you to transfer cover to loan car. My LV policy covers me automatically, good old LV!

RG

·
Registered
479 Posts
There are a lot of dealerships (not just Audi) that don't let you have a courtesy car if you have six or more points.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That will apply to most dealers now as a result of restrictions within their garage insurance. If we want to provide a loan car to someone with more than 6 points we have to call our insurers and make a special request, frankly its a pain and our advisors don't always have time. Although they should have asked the question at the time of booking.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I think they should really have told you at the time. From my experience all dealerships have asked for both parts of my licence before giving me a courtesy car, and then i'm asked to sign an insurance disclaimer with regards to the excess etc.

Although right now my fleet insurance covers me for any car, so no more filling in forms.

·
Registered
871 Posts
My local dealer requires both parts of the licence also.
They insure the car but there is a £1000 excess :eek: Although they will reduce this to £50 excess for a payment of £10.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What driving offenses or how many points do you have if you dont mind me asking? Either way its kind of ridiculous that you purchase a car through them and wont even give you a loan car, are there any other Audi dealers around that you can use? Also were you using your own insurance or Audi's?

Do you know if they are going to wipe your APS remap off that you just got fitted? How is that by the way? Maybe you should get APS to service the car. Might be able to blag Ed's modded 30 edition car if they still have it.
Well shame but I had DR10 few years ago so I guess thats why they wont do that, Its stays on papers for years ... I am trying to forget about that so.....

About service , yes Aps done it so no more problems so far, but Audi wants to see me soon for software update and checking fuel pipes (thats what they said over the phone) so I hope whey will not wipe my remap..

My current insurance is with tesco but I hoping jump in someone who will insure my modyfications for less money..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think this is fairly normal. You should have had to sign a disclaimer form and presented licence, it's a bit off to give you then confiscate keys from you.

Many dealers will allow you to transfer cover to loan car. My LV policy covers me automatically, good old LV!

RG

well yeah, I signed a disclaimer , they check everything and let me go ... for few moments ...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
well yeah, I signed a disclaimer , they check everything and let me go ... for few moments ...
Seems like the dealer ( or a human being!) messed up. :(I hope humble pie appeared!;)

RG

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The software updates to not wipe the APS remap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts