Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 20 year who found an 2010 Audi s5 6 speed for about 15k with 160km on it.I was wondering it it worth purchasing this car and if so roughly how much will repair cost me.I have hear these are amazing cars but expensive to fix. Wondering if anyone can give me their opinion if I should purchase this beauty or is it worth financing a new car?

·
Registered
508 Posts
160km is amazing for a 10 year old car. Has it been dry stored all of its life?
Nobody can really give you an answer on how much to repair as you haven't said what needs repairing?
It's also difficult to give an answer on whether you should buy it as nobody but you knows your financial situation, outgoings, dependents ect.
Based on what you have asked the forum my first thoughts are for you to not buy this car.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Being a 6MT at least it won't have the issues that some of the 2010 s-tronic models had. However at 160km it may be needing a new clutch soon. These engines can also suffer from timing chain tension problems which is a bit expensive to fix - so listen carefully for rattle at the back of the engine on start-up from cold. The other expensive risk has to be the cats. These are great cars but if you are worried about maintenance costs then maybe a new car on finance might be safer.

Reactions: MrFergus

·
Registered
144 Posts
V8?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
OK, my comments were for the V6.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are amazing cars and they are fairly expensive to repair when needed. I have a 2012 with 70K miles on it. I've put 35k on it in the last 3 years with virtually no problems. My last trip into a dealership the told me that it needed new control arm bushings $2000 and this is a fairly common problem. I had to fix a sensor in the hood $500. Oil changes are $100 if you do it yourself. It holds 2 gallons of synthetic oil. I had a headlight and the plastic was burning on the inside so it looked terrible, $900 new, $350 for a good used on on Ebay. And like someone else said at 100k miles you will probably need a new clutch at some point and a carbon clean of the intake which is necessary on this car every now and again and are not cheap. I have a good friend who is the GM of my local Audi dealership and he said at 100k miles, German cars get pretty expensive to maintain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts