Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Is it really dark inside a car with Cinnamon Brown interior?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  A5_08 
#1 ·
I am just about to order an A5 and like the look of the Cinnamon Brown interior, unfortunately my dealer does not have any demo cars with a Cinnamon Brown interior so I have not actually seen it in person (seen plenty of photos though especially on this site).

My main question is...does having the black carpet and black headliner included with Cinnamon Brown make it very dark inside the car?

All the Audis I have previously owned have had light grey interior, silver headliner and quartz grey carpet, so inside the car it is nice and light and not a dark sombre place to spend time in. For Canada the sunroof is standard so at least I'll get some light coming in, just looking for any feedback from existing owners.

Thanks

#3 ·
My main question is...does having the black carpet and black headliner included with Cinnamon Brown make it very dark inside the car?
I have a CB interior, but I'm not quite sure how to respond to your question. If you're asking whether it's dark relative to other interior colors, then the answer is yes. But, if you're wanting to know whether it gives you the impression of feeling "closed in", I would say no. Of course, there might be others who would disagree. It's all really subjective.

FWIW, I think the contrasting CB color on the seats and on the doors adds a bit of "pop" to the interior, which I think helps to eliminate any feeling of being closed in (which an all black interior might tend to do for some folks).

And yes, the sunroof definitely helps to bring in more light.

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys and the comment on your own interior TXcarguy. I have a test drive booked at the dealer this weekend, the A5 has a black interior, I think it is an S-Line, so I guess if I feel closed in while taking the test drive it should give me a good impression if the Cinnamon Brown interior will have a similar effect.

#6 ·
rodm, I have seen the CB/black combination and it seemed to look fine. Having said that, this is all subjective. A friend of mine did say his black roofline makes things 'darker'. My Audi's have all have grey interiors -- I suppose you'd get used to it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.